Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was such a good day.

There was an event at Knockhill racetrack called Supercar Sunday, and, through a long combination of events, I managed to get VIP tickets.

When we arrived we were directed to the VIP car park. As we parked a photographer came over and asked "Is that a GTA?"

I said yes, and he ended up taking loads of photos of the car - including the engine!

Then, we walked to the circuit and I nipped into the gents toilets. When I was coming out I heard the words "147 GTA" coming over the PA system.

I thought "Oh no, I've parked in the wrong place and am going to have to move the car"

But then the voice went on "a 147 GTA has just pulled into the VIP car park. You should definitely go and have a look". Then he went on about the specification etc.

One of the greatest moments in my life so far!

The VIP tickets allowed us into the pit lane, and there were loads of 997 and 996 turbos, a 993 turbo (business!) And a 964 RS (also the business). There were also a few 968 Club Sports which also rock.

As a surprise, a person I knew there said they had arranged for me to be taken out by someone. I thought it would be in a new 997 turbo as there were a few there from the Porsche garage.

But no - it was in a 1973 911 RS carrera! It looked tiny compared to the newer cars, but was cooler than all of them put together.

The levels of grip were unbelievable, as were the g forces and the noise.

It was great overtaking the 997 turbos in a 34 year old car. The drivers of the 997s weren't hanging about either.

A definite purchase if I win the lottery!

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Great stuff :thumbs: Must have been a great feeling

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was! I still can't believe they broadcast it over the PA - especially when there were Bentleys, Porsches and Lambos in the car park too!

·
Registered
827 Posts
haha nice story..well we all know the GTA deserves all the kudos:)

·
Registered
757 Posts
finally, the secret we have all shared for years . . . .is getting out . . .

·
Registered
519 Posts
Awesome!

You'll be buzzing for a while nae doot. They should upgrade you to VIC (Very Important Car) status.;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And last night, when I was checking the tyre pressures, a guy came up and complimented me on the car.

He said it is beautiful and must go like a f***ing rocket.

Who was I to argue :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts