Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No they don't squeal

Votes: 6 23.1%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you have the 330mm v6 brakes as fitted to 147/156 GTA, or maybe 3.2 Gtv, 3.2 Gt or have you upgraded to these brakes? Do your brakes squeal? Simple question really, I am trying to gauge how common it is for these brakes to squeak, I suspect most do squeal but please submit your honest answer. Cheers!

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
Upgraded to these from 305 on my Gtv and yes they squeal like a pig

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This poll is confirming my suspicions... There is something inherent in these brakes beyond the discs and pads, that makes them squeal. Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ferrodo DS2500s on Tarox G88s. No squealing for me, never have.
Wow you are a lucky man! Everyone I ever knew who fitted ds2500 has had squealing. I had the them also with Tarox at one point and they screamed

·
Administrator
46,734 Posts
I remember years back talking to Ned at AutoLusso about this. His theory is that the GTAs brakes have to be used hard reasonably often - if they are, they won't squeal (might be misquoting, but I think the theory was they were 'glazing'). Unfortunately, in normal driving, I am very easy on my brakes.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
Utter bullshirt, the more i hammer mine the more they squeal

·
Administrator
46,734 Posts
What's true for the brakes on a GTA is not necessarily what's true for other brakes. Everything in this thread suggests that they're more prone to it than other cars for a start.

Certainly, a few high speed heavy braking sessions seem to reduce the squealing for a little while.

Reactions: Jam5k1

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Crappy old pads, worn lipped discs = no squeal
Mtec c-hooks, PF pads = squeal (at low speed coming to standstill)

Used lots of copper grease on backs of pads and edges where they slide. Greased pins. 1 week after fitting squealing started. I guess there's no answer!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can honestly say in my 3 years of owning my GTA, I have never had brake squeal. It had standard 330 set up when I bought it and for the last 2 years I’ve been using EBC Turbo groove drilled discs with Yellow stuff pads and still no squeal :thumbu p:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just found this after rather long search, on my 3.2 GT with factory 330mm Calipers/rotors they started to squeal as I was nearing end of the pads I have bought it few years ago, so I have installed new Brembo pads. Squeal like really loud ever since then. I drive pretty hard so under those condition it is silent, but man the parking... It is audible in like a half mile radius from whenever I am stopping unless I stop in a way to strangle everybody in a car with the seat-belt. If I get the brakes really hot, I have like half a minute when I can lightly break without the squeal, then it starts again. I have taken it back to the guy who installed the pads, he put something on it, but it definitely did not last a 100miles. Will be very thankful for any advice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have exactly the same issue, upgraded to Brembo 330s, pagid pads (cant remember the discs, my mechanic chose the ones, hes worked on 916's for years). No problem cold, no problem on a run under 'road braking' conditions, come up to park, christ almighty what a noise. At the minute, I think he's tried shims, chamferring, and different pads to no avail. I'm beginning to think the original brembo 305s were the better choice, at least the squealing is only from the driver and passenger, wondering if I'll stop in time....

Any advice gratefully received

1 - 15 of 15 Posts