Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i drive on hybrid gt1752v(Audi 2.5 v6 intake side)-it spool around 2000 and the power has not been measured but it is bigger then with stock turbo.
I have a chance to get gt1756vk with billet 11 blades compresor wheel - is it wort??
Its only 50€ payment from my side but i think that the billet should spool quicker and 56 should go to 230hp..
What do You think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gt1756 with 11+0 billet wheel spools at ~2400rpm and is capable up to 260hp with supporting mods. But low end is dead, no boost at all... For max power - it will be good upgrade. But for city driving it will suck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering.
Shouldn’t the billet wheel 11+0 help spool early?? It is lightweight and more blades-easy to “spin”.
The 1752 that I am running now has a big intake housing from Audi 2.5 v6(older engine - 2052 turbo) and it spools pretty slowly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
“Hybrid turbo for ALFA ROMEO GT/147/156 16v CF3/CF4 with modified intake and exhaust side. Fitted with a billet 56mm compressorwheel, this unit ensures maximum performance within the original frame size.Completely plug&play with the original, gaskets included. Power of 230-240 bhp is possible with 1.8-2.0 bar peak boost pressure. This unit will transform your car for sure. Been used only 6 months and were bought brand new from well known name in JTD tuning world Joel Selder from JTD Performance.”
This is copy from someone’s add when he was selling GT1756V from JTD performance.
I saw on pictures that Joel was putting 6 wheel billet.
Joel changed 1756 to 1753-don’t know why..
The one that I bought has 11+0 wheel- someone says that is better for early spooling.(some say different:) ).
I decided to measure power with this setup and then to mount new turbo/remap and measure again.
Because of the billet wheel I am expecting spool on the same rpm or earlier because the one that I am using now has much bigger housing and regular wheel.
This is the picture of 1752 that is installed versus stock 1749

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bigger billet compressor wheel is lighter than a stock compressor wheel with the same size. But 49 to 56 is a big difference and more mass need more time to spin.

Joel will have gone from 56 to 53, because the 56 wheel have no benefit. Only slower spool. And in my opinion it make no sense to push more than 220hp through the stock turbine side. EGT should be over 900°C with such a setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now is 52 - so the difference to 56 is not that “big” so the billet wheel weight and a smaller housing should compensate the rpm when it spools(that’s what I think).
Staying on the same power should only give less smoke on same power.
I am planning not to go higher with power just to make smoke disappear :)

End a big part off this “deal” is that for only 50€ I get a new turbo.

·
Registered
298 Posts
it will be completely dead up to at least 2000 rpm if not more and will start to pull hard at ~2500 rpm

not a lot of money for the turbo but will ruin the bottom end and be fun up top :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was driving home from work and looking rews- that’s exactly the way she is going now- dead till 2300-2600rpm then she pulls,somehow like 159 on video...
The compressor side on turbo now is “old”.
It was mounted on 1999 Audi.. and it is a big housing for small wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was it a billet wheel?
It is original 159 1.9 16V?
Any other mods or just remap?
People say that there’s a problem with too small exhaust side - something not okay-so some problem exist. It should be ok with open exhaust(downpipe and no Cat/dpf as i heard)??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Was it a billet wheel?
It is original 159 1.9 16V?
Any other mods or just remap?
People say that there’s a problem with too small exhaust side - something not okay-so some problem exist. It should be ok with open exhaust(downpipe and no Cat/dpf as i heard)??
Billet wheel, FMIC, 327 injectors, 2200 bar FPS, no pre-cat, no DPF and so on. Original 1.9 16V. Yes, this turbo has small exhaust turbine, but I didn't faced any problem, because I don't drive at max speed for long time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok
The turbo should be at mine house - I have some connections in postal office so as soon he comes to Croatia he is going straight to me!
There was a “little “big change in meanwhile.....
Someone putted a video of 159 with 1756 and the car is almost dead till 2500-2600 and then bites hard.
That is exactly the way mine car is doing now - let’s remember :)

The big one is in car and it takes to 2400-2600 for car to pool.
And what will I gain???? Nothing! So I made a different decision- 1752 bilett wheel and ol the rest of upgrades

11 blades deep back,extended tip on 56mm so it should take twenty % more air and because if the smaller mass then stock it spools faster.
Conclusion: no more power one ore two horses jumping araund but I get new refurbished turbo both spool earlier then on that big bucket from Audi A6. Power could be even a little higher but for now I am satisfied with what I have(and the most important-very little smok- I cal it smokej)

But in conversation for turbos and since I was reading a lot two ideas crossed my small brain : 1852 or 1856
They would go around 210-250 bought of them but which would be lads laggy,better city vw defender?
Bought of them I can by for funny amount so I am thinking next month to take 1852 or 1856 - they are bought plag and play - pure hybrids.
And something dark is calling me - on the photo gray is mine and the black mine to be:)

And after all mine philosophy I got from gt1752v to gt1752v :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turbo mounted-difference is enormous- spool is much earlier,no smoke at all-I have to go and make new map because I have a feeling that this one is capable for much more.
When I get mine Korona test results I will make acceleration video so that it can be compared to yours or to someone’s stock.

And I am already thinking about next one 1756(real 56-extended 58)
All billet wheel- I would go 6+6-faster spool
I saw good figures with 1856 on tdi engines - even 250hp with 500nm.
And they say that it spools pretty quick- if they lie so do I !!!

I like it more then gtb2056v because is plug and play
What do You think - have in mind the rest components- R80,open exhaust,,more air intake,213 injectors,FMIC?????

·
Registered
298 Posts
gtb2056 from a 159/brera is the way to go - fast mounting and pretty much plug and play

next step would be GTB2260 but takes more adjusting to fit on the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bad shift of gears- phone in hand and not concentrated on drive but safety.
Map will be renewed tomorrow-this is just a sample-it is going nice....
The turbo doesn’t stop on 4500 - it is just asking more :)
The video was filmed on old airplane road full of holes so I had to watch that also.
When I come to track the new map will be done and the last exhaust box goes bye-and I will get a stand for phone so I can drive safer.
Then I can also make pull from lower turns.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Did you measure the egt?
Not jet - having some family COVID-19 problems so today Alfa is in quarantine- tomorrow when I get the results from mine test then she will have some testing and measuring :)

Although I can get gtb2260 billet for good price it seems a little to big for every day.
But you know -baby steps-as I see it 1856 billet (6+6) is next step for a month or two - gtb2056v when 1856 gets boring-then will se - even 2260 is not the end :) :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still making correct map for car.
The company that made turbo said:
do 2 of peak and then let it go down to 1.7 bar after 3500 rpm
Fuel pressure 1700bar(above it goes over 1800 and stops the engine-either sensor or r80 with r70sensor and mprop)
AFR 17:1 - so how much fuel??
And on some calculations- the power would be?
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts