Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,have a problem with gt wiper on driver side, bolt on motor seems to have loosened, but has rounded - dealer says i have to buy whole wiper linkage system - £200 - but only need new bolt. any ideas?

·
Banned
857 Posts
hi,have a problem with gt wiper on driver side, bolt on motor seems to have loosened, but has rounded - dealer says i have to buy whole wiper linkage system - £200 - but only need new bolt. any ideas?
Why is the first call always the dealer?!

Good news is that the 147 uses the same wiper set-up (arms, linkage, motor) as the GT, and there are dozens of both being broken on ebay, not to mention plenty more in car breakers around the country. Plenty spares to choose from....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Why is the first call always the dealer?!

Good news is that the 147 uses the same wiper set-up (arms, linkage, motor) as the GT, and there are dozens of both being broken on ebay, not to mention plenty more in car breakers around the country. Plenty spares to choose from....
+1 ;-) someone as smart as me

·
Registered
960 Posts
Does the 147 have the same problems with wiper arms? My GT wore a nick out of the arm and a matching one on the bonnet at 20K miles..... The only reason I haven't fixed it properly is that the wear seems to have stopped!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, had been told 147 used same system as gt, but was unsure - but seems to be the case - thanx for info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts