Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
My drivers side wiper on my GT is playing up. It still works, but it looks as if its now sitting higher & is snagging on the rear lip of the bonnet. The mount-end of the wiper arm can be pushed down, although it returns to its normal position as if its sprung. Sorry, its difficult to describe the fault in words! Unfortunately, the problem has only just occurred & its getting dark & I don't have a garage to work in. The arm is still on the splined shaft correctly, it just appears as if the shaft is protruding further through the plastic trim/shroud than it should be.
Any ideas?
I'm supposed to be driving 60 miles to work tomorrow & it looks like I'll be taking the mrs's Civic instead of my GT!
Cheers
Matt.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
If you do a search of wiper/bonnet in this section there are a few threads with similar problems.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voo,
Thanks for the pointer.
Looks like I'm not alone with this issue. Anyway, its at the main dealers now, they managed to get me a courtesy car at very short notice (usually a 6 week !!!waiting list,apparently. Does anyone at ARUK think this is acceptable?)
So hopefully, all will be resolved soon. This is the 1st problem I've had with the GT in almost a year, so despite the dreadful timing of losing the use of the wipers over the last week or so, I guess I can't complain too much.
Matt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was told 3 weeks waiting from desira southgate and have been without a car for 4 weeks. wasnt even offered courtesy car till i asked then told no. which dealer did you go to WILSONS Romford? if you did ill have to go there next time

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told 3 weeks waiting from desira southgate and have been without a car for 4 weeks. wasnt even offered courtesy car till i asked then told no. which dealer did you go to WILSONS Romford? if you did ill have to go there next time
No, my dealer is AMC in Chelmsford. That's where I bought the car from. They've been OK with me so far, I had a Brera on a lease deal with them previous to my GT. Although I do seem to remember a few negative posts about them on here.
I'm abroad on business at the moment & it's the mrs who had to take my GT in. They gave her a 159sw as a courtesy car (through a last minute cancellation, I think) which she's fallen in love with!
I still think this is an example of where ARUK needs to pull their socks up, compared to other marques. A mate of mine had an Audi A3 which went back to the Audi dealers several times, normally at short notice. Getting a courtesy car for him was never a problem, in fact, he had some very nice ones.So although his A3 wasn't particularly reliable, he was treated so well by the dealers that he always raves about how good they are. Lessons to be learnt, maybe?
I'll give an update to this post when I get my GT back.
Matt.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK,
Back home from an extended business trip.
GT wiper all sorted, under warranty & no hassles from the dealer AMC Chelmsford.
All seems to be working as it should & they checked & topped up the engine oil level for free as well. Nice touch.
One quibble is that they haven't replaced the wiper blade arm, even though there is a quite noticeable scuff mark which I will have to repaint to avoid oxidisation.
When my wife picked up the car, she queried the "6 weeks waiting list for a courtesy car" & she was told that as a loyal customer, we'd only normally have to give a week or so's notice.
So overall, a pretty good service from AMC.
Matt.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Common issue but they should have fitted a new arm for you.

They offered me a bonnet repaint:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts