Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bit of a random question but I think there is a problem with my windscreen stalk/switch for the washer jets....

Initially I couldn't get the jets to work (everything else i.e the wipers work fine) even though I was holding the stalk in jet position fairly firmly nothing happened. It turns out I have to pull the stalk even more firmly - pretty hard in fact!

I'm left wondering if it is normal for the GT? I concerned if I pull any more firmly by accident the stalk could break!

May ask W.A.D to check it out as I'm planning on getting them to service the car next month, I'm still in my warranty period as I only bought the GT 3 weeks ago but the dealer says it is fine as it is and would not be able to do anything on the warranty supplied as the jets do 'work' at the moment

:confused:

dalyboy

·
Registered
262 Posts
should just pull and work with ease,you shouldnt have to exert to much pressure so iwould get them to have a look but may need a new stalk
steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought/knew that would be the case and that it didn't feel right! Needed it confirming though...

A little annoyed as I left the car with the dealer for a day, so that this could be resolved - but they have come back and said that because the jets do actually work there was nothing that needed to be done. However, I've got to go back to the dealer for something else later this week and I'll mention that i'm not entirely comfortable with the washer situation either.

The car passed its M.O.T in Oct (before I bought it) and I'm surprised that no warning was issued for this at the least - as if you were testing this normally i.e. by applying normal force, the washers wouldn't work. I suppose this problem may have started after the M.O.T was done, but it's always been this way since I've have owned the car.

Probably sound trivial but I think it's something you take for granted and expect to work trouble free. When it doesn't it's uncomfortable.

Hmmm...

(wish I'd tried the washers during the test drive!)

:(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi @dalyboy,
This may be a long shot being such an old thread.
Did you get to the buttom of the windscreen washer issue on your GT.
I just bought a beautiful GT and it has this problem.

I purchased it from a guy who's not too good with cars and he said he simply pulls it very hard to work.
I never force things. If it's not easy then it's not well, so I'll like to get this resolved and working like it should.

Also, the guy never realised that the windows are designed to drop when doors opened and rise when closed and he's had the car for 5yrs!!!

Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Paul.
Mine has cruise control stalk also. Is that independent part or should it be part of a single module?

Also, kindly give me brief guide on how to change it.

Many thanks

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,124 Posts
The cruise control is a separate unit, there some threads which cover the fitting on the forum.

·
Registered
994 Posts
yes,mine is also like this.

i have to mention it to the MOT guy when i take it, one year he failed it, until i demonstrated it working.
I wouldn't call it a fault as such, just have to pull firmly towards me to operate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts