Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Could you have held down the open button on your key by mistake / squashed it / kids played with?

I think if you hold it down it winds down both windows

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem when it was throwing it down, and was really windy no idea why it happened i was actually in bed sleeping with my keys on the desk so no way of holding them down. Turned car on and off again and its not happened since.

What happens is if you press and hold down the open button on your key fob for 5 seconds then the windows come down

Then if you hold the lock button for 5 seconds the windows go back up again.

Your alfa wont like this and will then set the alarm on and off until you turn the engine on and off again or disconnect the battery well thats what happened to me anyway lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Right i know im stupid, and i know i should have read the manual, but are you saying the windows come down from the key fob? i have a gt cloverleaf. regards

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
My GT did this to me once, both windows fully down and the boot open. My wifes Fiat Bravo has done the same thing twice in the last few weeks overnight and has been in to fiat, who are investigating it. The garage think that it may be some kind of interference from the police headquarters half a mile from our house but I'm not convinced. Will let you know of the outcome

E

·
0 Posts
Has anyone had their windows sticking halfway up or down?The dealer told me to put them down and press the button down 5 times and it should be ok.I tried it but it doesn't work.Sometimes I have to pull over and open and close the door to get them to go up.Apparently its a fault in the 147,156 and GT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The windows on the GT are designed to drop down a short distance when you open the door, then go back up again when you close them. They also have a function whereby holding the button for a short while will activate the window to either go down completely or come up. Sometimes this doesn't work, for a variety of reasons, and some owners have reported incidences of windows mysteriously opening themselves when the car has been left unattended.

Like all the electrics in the GT, the window system is multiplex wired and relies on many sensors and a central control unit to tie everything together. When this gets confused, it is possible to do a soft reset it in the following manner.

Lower both windows at the same time, holding the buttons down for ten seconds after they've reached the bottom. Raise them both together, again holding the buttons in place for ten seconds after they've fully closed. This should sort the problem, but it may come back. The definitive solution seems to be a software update to version 15, which would obviously have to be done by a main dealer. Apparently version 14 is still buggy, so insist on version 15 or higher.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doesn't matter to me that much as i'm getting shot of the thing, just wondered if anyone elsse had the same thing happen.
My love affair is over with alfas. Lovely to look at inside and out and to drive, but STILL too unreliable. Maybe they will sort out the build quality someday but its too late for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts