Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with the idea of getting the GT's rear windows tinted for a few weeks but having never seen one with it done i was worried how it would look. I finally took the plunge yesterday and took her in to be done after a nervous 3hr wait i went to collect and i have to say i'm really pleased with the outcome:D Don't get me wrong i'm sure it wont be to everyones taste but i think it adds to the sporty look of the GT while maintaining the elegant classyness too so big smiles all round!! I'll post some before and after pics as soon as its light enough to get a decent pic

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys

Looking very shiny too!
You just need to old style exhaust to finish her off (single large oval tip)
Maguires polish and the exhaust is in the pipeline excuse the pun

A

·
0 Posts
Looks good and suits the red i reckon but id leave the mods at that or you may start to ruin the GTs stunning looks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I totally agree no more mods!! apart from a new exhaust tip because mine is in pretty poor condition for the age of the car!! will have to be standard like for like tho.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Not sure if the silence is agood thing:confused: no more opinions???
No offence, but I think you've hit the nail on the head. Alfas have a certain class to them and IMo only new cars can get away with tinting.
At least you don't have to worry about it ruining your vision out of the back windows:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks! I totally agree no more mods!! apart from a new exhaust tip because mine is in pretty poor condition for the age of the car!! will have to be standard like for like tho.
I would agree also not to continue modding, I would however say the single tip on the older GT back box definitely looks better ;)

·
Banned
857 Posts
I think you threw your money away there as it really makes no noticeable difference. The sidewindow is small and has a fair bit of black coating on it already, added to the fact that the lack of light in the interior means you don't see much through the window at anything other than a 90 degree angle makes this modification a 'for the sake of doing it' one IMO.

As for the rear window, the rake of it means that all that anyone sees from the back is reflections and the dark tint accentuates that.

Step away from the mods budget for a minute and start thinking a bit more rationally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts