Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
When i wash my car ive noticed my passenger window lets in water through the top seal. It doesnt let in rain though and ive since noticed a lot of road noise through the passenger door, its as if the door isnt shut properly. Is there a way of adjusting the door so that it shuts and seals better? Ive searched the forum but couldnt find a topic on this subject.

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all.
When i wash my car ive noticed my passenger window lets in water through the top seal. It doesnt let in rain though and ive since noticed a lot of road noise through the passenger door, its as if the door isnt shut properly. Is there a way of adjusting the door so that it shuts and seals better? Ive searched the forum but couldnt find a topic on this subject.

Thanks.
There doesn't seem to be a history of doors distorting and failing to fit. Unless your car has had the misfortune of accident damage, I'd check the rubber seals first. If they are really old and perished they may need replacement; but if a bit tired and stiff, a squirt and rub with silicone spray can help.

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi could be your windows are not raising as they should when you shut the door, try a elec window reset ,lower both windows hold button for 10 seconds raise them hold again for 10 seconds .

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the same problem on my GT, the seal looks fine, and have moved the door catch in which has made it watertight, but the wind noise is still bad. On closer inspection the front of the glass seems to sit too high relative to the back and even when the window lifts on closing the door there is a 2mm gap between the top of it and the seal. Effectively the rear of the window has sunk. Has anyone else had this, and if so, what was the fix?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I faced the problem you mentioned couple days ago.
First I learned window control unit by lowering and lifting and holding buttons. That was partly solution.
Then I noticed that is door sill not quiet strait. The door window drags it bit by bit under the plastic molding.
moto_0016.jpg
So I took my plastic work pass and straightened sill back on both sides.
moto_0017.jpg
Now the gap between glass and door sill is gone.
moto_0018.jpg
Hope my experience was helpful to you.

P.S. Hello everybody from newbie!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi Yellowcat and welcome....

That looks like a good tip, I will have to try this at lunchtime or tonight when i get home... I will even try my work pass as it is the same too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks.

It worked for me, hope it'll works for you either.
One thing – I’m not sure about your pass ‘cause it has different name on it. Keep it in mind. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cheers Evel for pointing me here (put up a thread title "door seal" as I have exact same problem. Sounds like a stupid question from a stupid question but what what exactly is the 'door catch plate'? (The link that Evel embedded hasn't helped me).

Also mine started letting rain in yesterday but thats probably cos I was messing around with the sill and pushing it up further and in while window was closed rather than out as yellow cat has done. Forgive my noobieness.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread up. Im planning on moving the door catch plate in 2mm as still getting road noise.

My only concern is that inn need to drill holes. How can i move in in otherwse? Will is still line up?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread up. Im planning on moving the door catch plate in 2mm as still getting road noise.

My only concern is that inn need to drill holes. How can i move in in otherwse? Will is still line up?
I would think your solution would be to remove the door card and adjust the stop height of the glass ,
from memory I believe there are a couple of 10mm bolts on the top edge area of the door , loosen these slightly then adjust the glass up enough to make a good seal on the rubber door surround trim .

·
Registered
131 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts