Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of adding wheel spacers on my GT to improve the back look of the car. Looking into forums I found only for 18'' rims. Anyone got any idea if I can install 10mm or 12mm wheel spacers on the back wheels of a GT running on 16'' without cutting the studs?
If the studs need cutting a 15mm will work?
I've seen 20mm-25mm-30mm but those are a bit overboard for just the back wheels.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if you put 12mm spacers you'll longer bolts, standard bolts are 23mm & these do not protrude all the way thro the hub so for saftey you'll need 40mm, which gives you 5mm more thread or 4 extra turns

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you put 12mm spacers you'll longer bolts, standard bolts are 23mm & these do not protrude all the way thro the hub so for saftey you'll need 40mm, which gives you 5mm more thread or 4 extra turns

Thank's
Which of these then would you recommened? Also If I only use wheel spacers at the back wheels will it cause a problem or do I have to do all four?

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Romeo GT Tuning & Styling

FYI: The wheels are 205/55 16

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Which of these then would you recommened? Also If I only use wheel spacers at the back wheels will it cause a problem or do I have to do all four?
Do all four.
If you just do the rear you will get more understeer.

Also be carefull, some places quote each spacer size, others quote the total track width change (both spacers).

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
like David said, 10mm could be total width [ 5mm + 5mm ] instead you might want 10mm + 10mm [ 20mm total ]

send them a e-mail to ask

also make sure the spacers are HUBCENTRIC type

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like David said, 10mm could be total width [ 5mm + 5mm ] instead you might want 10mm + 10mm [ 20mm total ]

send them a e-mail to ask

also make sure the spacers are HUBCENTRIC type
Just got a reply back. They said the 12mm will work without cutting the studs.
Thats 24mm total.
Is that too much?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
12mm per wheel..... I have 4 15mm's on my car, no issues.... gives her a much more aggressive stance.:)

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Just got a reply back. They said the 12mm will work without cutting the studs.
What do you mean by "cutting the studs"?
The wheels are held on by bolts and you will need longer ones.

If you mean the small bolt holding the brake disc on, you just drill a clearance hole in the spacer for it (if it doesn't already have one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts