Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK got in my car to come home tonight to find out I was getting no water from the water jets. As the weather was mild and I'm running a pre-mixed screenwash I thought it won't be frozen.

When I've got home and gone to top up the washer bottle I tested to check that the washers were working only to find that the pipe under the bonnet (Very top left hand corner of the engine bay) has split in several places and is just spewing the water out everywhere.

Pic from google images:

Question is what can I do to fix this?

a) Is there some temporary product I can buy to fix the split flexible rubber in the short term?
b) Is it a DIY fix bearing in mind I'm not at all car technical!
c) If I have to go to the garage to fix it does anyone have an idea of the part number and what's involved in replacing it?

TIA

·
Registered
656 Posts
OK got in my car to come home tonight to find out I was getting no water from the water jets. As the weather was mild and I'm running a pre-mixed screenwash I thought it won't be frozen.

When I've got home and gone to top up the washer bottle I tested to check that the washers were working only to find that the pipe under the bonnet (Very top left hand corner of the engine bay) has split in several places and is just spewing the water out everywhere.

Pic from google images:

Question is what can I do to fix this?

a) Is there some temporary product I can buy to fix the split flexible rubber in the short term?
b) Is it a DIY fix bearing in mind I'm not at all car technical!
c) If I have to go to the garage to fix it does anyone have an idea of the part number and what's involved in replacing it?

TIA
You can buy a plastic hose connector

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
that engine bay looks familiar. :p

in Oz, i know that 'short and curly' piece of piping is stupidly priced (ie: expensive). so any DIY fix is a good option.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts