Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piccies if required - we have just received a Longlife stainless steel cat-back exhaust for an Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - we built it ourselves some time ago, but the owner thought it was too loud. The quality is very good - we only ever used T304 stainless and always used welded-seam silencers (rather than the rolled-seam found on some cheaper stainless systems)

I haven't heard it myself, but I'm reliably informed that it sounded "epic" - probably not what you'd want for a daily driver, or a motorway cruiser, but if yours is a fun / weekend car, this might be right up your street - just remember, it is NOT quiet!

Its a bit mucky, but a few minutes with the Autosol on the tailpipes cleaned it up nicely - half an hour should see it looking very good.

Collection preferred from Birmingham, but we'll pack it if you want to arrange a courier

Looking for £100

·
Registered
535 Posts
Still got this - make me a (sensible) offer and take it off my hands
Hi,

What would it take to make this system as quiet as an OEM item?

Alan

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry - didn't spot your reply

It probably isn't possible to make this system as quiet as standard without a lot of work and additional cost

Longlife silencers are usually straight-through perforated with wadding - the OE silencer is a chambered and baffled device which kills a lot of the noise

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot all about this - we've just cleared out one of the three Motormech workshops and I re-found it

Its taking up room - does anyone want a fairly fruity V6 GT exhaust for £50 (collected)?

I guess we could deliver if required, but it would add to the cost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts