Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every now and again (More when cold I think) 1st gear goes in with a bit of a shove. Its not all of the time and it feels a bit like its pushing against rubber then it drops in (Only way I can describe). Is this common on the V6, is it likely just an adjustment or something I just need to egt used to. :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had something similar but in my case it was any gear but only intermittently. I would get it checked out as I was going to leave it until the next service but unfortunately my gear linkage broke, got stuck in 2nd and my car has been off the road for 2 weeks. Only had a week until it was going in for the service too. Should be getting the car back tonight.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice wheels and colour by the way. How long have you had it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should get it checked out - mine was doing the same until it wouldn't engage gear at all when stationary. Needed oil change and its been fine since. If you leave it it'll eventually go bang... :(

G

·
0 Posts
This is interesting. I find reverse is sometimes near impossible to get into............................

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cheers. I'm afraid its rarely as shiny as yours though. I like the black and tan leather combo.

Its a 55 reg but I've had it 2 years. The wheels (Zender Siena) are nice but that's a poor photo taken with my phone at work in a rush. They were one of the things that first caught my eye when buying it however they have been a bit of a pain. Had 1 buckled by a pothole and another cracked. And Zender no longer make them so finding a spare is nigh impossible. Here's what they look like in a proper photo -

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Lord K.

bsd They are nice. There arent many off the shelf wheels that I prefer to the Alfa wheels but they look the biz. Pot hoels are a pain int tharse..What I will say though iut that I had some nixe 18" alloys on an old car, I hit a big pot hole and buckled the 2 near side wheels. I claimed off the council and got full payment.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
This is interesting. I find reverse is sometimes near impossible to get into............................
Put it into 3rd first all Alfa's have this problem..

Second nature.. up into 3rd and down back into Reverse... Job done. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
No probs.
Also remembered that the clutch master cylinder was changed at the same time. Probably worth checking that out as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The clutch is a bit weird. May be just me getting used to a hydraulic clutch but it is pretty heavy when you first push it down but lighter towards the end of the trael. Is that normal/what yours is like.

Operation Alfa - Reverse is fine on mine, is the 1st gear syndrome a common Alfa problem? On the rare occasion that it wont go striaght into 1st Ill move it towards 2nd and then back and it drops in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts