Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an under tray for my GT. I can't see anything on ebay. Does anybody know where I can get one delivered please? Autolusso have some second hand but for collection only

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've found one that says it is for the 1.8 TS and 2.0 JTS only. Does that sound right that it wouldn't be for a 3.2 as well?

V

·
0 Posts
From memory I think the undertrays might be different for the various engines (not necessarily a different one for every type).

I'd certainly recommend getting one of the after-market aluminium ones though, they're much more resilient.

It'll cost you around £110 new.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews re alu under trays. Unnecessary expensive and liable to grounding. No personal experience.

Does the GT 3.2 come with an undertray? Mine doesn't have one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard mixed reviews re alu under trays. Unnecessary expensive and liable to grounding. No personal experience.

Does the GT 3.2 come with an undertray? Mine doesn't have one.
I'm not sure if they do as standard but mine had one as it fell off. It was knackered so could have been 12 years old quite easily

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Love my alu undertray... Much better protection than the pathetic flimsy Alfa piece of crap. :thumbup:

Damien.

·
Registered
526 Posts
After what I've just experienced regarding my oil cooler busting it's pipe, would I have noticed it in time if I had an undertray fitted? If I have any leaks now I see them straight away on my garage floor which is putting me off getting one just in case, as I'm a bit paranoid now after experiencing 2 oil leaks and a coolant leek in just over a year of ownership.

I probably will fit one in time but it will be an ebay special !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep I'm looking for an eBay special but only jtdm and the smaller petrol engines available :/

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
For the cost of them I just don't see it as value. When you can buy a plastic one so cheap. My 156 has original under tray, 17 years old. The screw hole broke so now attached on one side by a cable tie. Works fine. The plastic has got to be lighter than alu and how often do you plan on grounding it anyway? The alu tray won't offer any realistic protection to your sump etc.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only downside is I wish I could buy one so cheap but can't find one anywhere ha

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
For the cost of them I just don't see it as value. When you can buy a plastic one so cheap. My 156 has original under tray, 17 years old. The screw hole broke so now attached on one side by a cable tie. Works fine. The plastic has got to be lighter than alu and how often do you plan on grounding it anyway? The alu tray won't offer any realistic protection to your sump etc.
You will when you ground it hard .. my Ali tray took the impact ... the original fibre one would have gone "Nah!" and my sump would have taken the force. That was a large trolley castor .. the type used to re-stock shop!!! Took ages to know the tray back out. Plus they look better, are easier to fit, and stay put!

·
Registered
376 Posts
had my alu tray fitted both to the jts and the 3.2. Highly recomended. Bonus is better clearence underneath, but it can rattle a bit. Definately better protection than the crappy original. Just don't buy from alfastumper, whom happily take your money without sending out the merch.

Try alfisti.net

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
had my alu tray fitted both to the jts and the 3.2. Highly recomended. Bonus is better clearence underneath, but it can rattle a bit. Definately better protection than the crappy original.
I'll go along with that. Being lowered I feel safer knowing a scrape over a speed bump is only the tray.

Both rear rivnuts have gone west on mine, have dropped a bolt down through the subframe, locked off with a nut and then offered up the tray with a nut and penny washer. Protects the lower oily bits and keeps the engine bay clean.

All the best

Pub

1 - 20 of 21 Posts