Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 57 reg GT 1.9 JTDm Lusso.
Been feeling the hankering for a new car, but have not seen anything I like more than my GT! So I thought I could spend a bit of money on the GT and have it feel different/new.

I found this package of modifications: Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm Remapping - Engine Tuning - Performance Upgrade Packages

I wonder if anybody has an idea if that is worth the money? Is it the right way to go?

Frankly I don't know enough about cars to try to do this work myself, the package represents an 'easy route'.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
208 Posts
It is an easy route, id say an expensive one tbh though.. remap is what £250-300? and i wouldnt say the brakes are the best choice especially as it doesnt stipulate if thats all round (pretty sure it isnt) in which case its stupid to have fast road grooved and vented discs heavy pads and then have the old worn out stuff on the back, depends what you want really?

also myself personally think its best to do one mod at a time to fully appreciate how its improved and evaluate what to change next.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have pretty much the same car as you, I went to Red Dot in North London and had remap and EGR Delete, now running 192bhp/330lb torque according to their rollers, feels like a different car although your clutch won't last long unless you adjust your driving, if your in the Ipswich area I'd be happy to take you for a spin, you can ask for less power or torque depending on what you want. They charged me £250.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Red Dot are doing a remap day on the 3rd November and remaps are £200.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. I'm going to contact Red Dot and have a chat I think.
Doing things one at a time does make sense. And less immediate impact on the wallet!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Its in the South East lounge Dan. :) They will remap the 2.0 Pied, but not the 2.2JTS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts