Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed in the last few weeks that our GT has been collecting a series of small dents and chips on the bonnet. Stone chips I'm familiar with, and we have enough on the GT, but the dents are unexpected - see pictures.

I've noticed that the roads are deteriorating badly - are we getting bigger stones? They must be to have done this damage, or is the GT bonnet a bit soft and more prone to damage?

anyone else having similar experience?

cheers

Ian

·
Registered
353 Posts
We're experiencing something similar with our cars and caravan which is parked on the drive. Basically, I've caught the 2 year old next door throwing pebbles and stones at them. Funny, but not when it's comes to sorting the damage out. Hope that this isn't the same in your case, as it can be awkward with the neighbours, especially whilst they're drunk like happened with me the other week.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're experiencing something similar with our cars and caravan which is parked on the drive. Basically, I've caught the 2 year old next door throwing pebbles and stones at them. Funny, but not when it's comes to sorting the damage out. Hope that this isn't the same in your case, as it can be awkward with the neighbours, especially whilst they're drunk like happened with me the other week.
sounds a little awkward!

Happily we don't have neighbours like that - though I did wonder if it was something that happened whilst parked but its not the sort of damage I'd expect from that. I've had an increasing number of stones chipping the windscreen of late so assumed it is further evidence of our crumbling infrastructure...

I did wonder if car design has something to do with it as my Octavia seems to catch them on the windscreen and whilst there are bonnet chips I've not got dents like the GT, meanwhile the GT hasn't got the windscreen chips the Octavia has though.

cheers

Ian

·
Registered
960 Posts
My paintwork is covered in stone chips. (Alfa red as well) No significant dents though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd be surprised if that was caused by road chippings. Some serious mass/momentum is needed to cause dents like that. I'd have thought it would make quite a noise too. So far, I have seen nothing like that on mine (touch wood)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts