Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Does anyone happen to know if there are any differences in the steering wheels on the GT's (specifically if the rim is any thicker on the later Blackline/Cloverleaf models vs. the 2004/2005 era cars) ? It appears that as well as a slightly different finish, the earlier cars have 'thinner' wheels ..

Cheers

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Not sure about girth, but yes there were differences. The later cloverleaf models had perforated leather design and some had red stitching. I had one of my wheels refursbished to my own spec by royalsteering wheels. I also increased the girth of the wheel and it now feels awesome to hold. Also went for top quality alcantara and red stitching. :yes:

I also have a mint rare later cloverleaf wheel with perforated leather design and red stitching with blue and me controls. I might be selling on soon?

Damien.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not sure about girth, but yes there were differences. The later cloverleaf models had perforated leather design and some had red stitching. I had one of my wheels refursbished to my own spec by royalsteering wheels. I also increased the girth of the wheel and it now feels awesome to hold. Also went for top quality alcantara and red stitching. :yes:

I also have a mint rare later cloverleaf wheel with perforated leather design and red stitching with blue and me controls. I might be selling on soon?

Damien.
Hi Damien I would be very interested in buying your spare blue and me steering wheel if still for sale. Rick.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hi Damien I would be very interested in buying your spare blue and me steering wheel if still for sale. Rick.
Ok Rick.

Just away on a work trip back on Tuesday. Will send you a picture. Its immaculate mate.:thumbup:

Damien.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi all
Does anyone happen to know if there are any differences in the steering wheels on the GT's (specifically if the rim is any thicker on the later Blackline/Cloverleaf models vs. the 2004/2005 era cars) ? It appears that as well as a slightly different finish, the earlier cars have 'thinner' wheels ..

Cheers
Other than the perforated leather and red stitching, no, they all have the same wheel, shared with the higher spec 147s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts