Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else think the height of the drivers seat could be lower at the lowest position?

My 156 drivers seat even sat lower than the GT and I just can't get comfortable in the damn thing.

I've also just come from 8ys in a petrol so the noise from the diesel is taking a bit of getting used to. Does anyone think its louder than other diesels? When I start it up first thing in the morning it feels like I'm going to wake the street.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Yes, low can be high, but I think the perception of this can differ depending on where you have the backrest - I like an upright position with good grip on the wheel but this can feel higher than I would like.

Noise on mine is good except when really (freezing) cold, when driving, if you just changed from petrol, try to change at half the revs you would before - you will find its more than enough due to low torque and its nice and quiet.

When the misses (petrol mini) gets in the GT she manages to make it sound loud, just too many revs ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Same issues I had at first, particularly the diesel sound at start up - although we've had some harsh mornings of late, so it'll be a little worse.

I found the engine to be one of the most quietest (4 cylinders) when warmed up and driving in traffic or on the motorway.

S'pose I should change avatar Tee-O?!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same issues I had at first, particularly the diesel sound at start up - although we've had some harsh mornings of late, so it'll be a little worse.

I found the engine to be one of the most quietest (4 cylinders) when warmed up and driving in traffic or on the motorway.

S'pose I should change avatar Tee-O?!
I can talk ciars....I'm still down as driving a 156 but I suppose like me your still having separation issues and can't let go

Another thing is I'm finding the accelarator pedal a little more to the left than I'm used to and me leg is hurting after driving. I wonder can I get a wider pedal or am I just being fussy and give it a bit of time to get used to it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I can talk ciars....I'm still down as driving a 156 but I suppose like me your still having separation issues and can't let go

Another thing is I'm finding the accelarator pedal a little more to the left than I'm used to and me leg is hurting after driving. I wonder can I get a wider pedal or am I just being fussy and give it a bit of time to get used to it?
Can't say I had that issue, although I've never owned a 156 (I came from another GT and previous to that a 147 which is very similar in setup).

I think we can put these down to separation issue's :cheese:

Give it some time. You've had a big change. Saloon versus GT, petrol versus diesel etc

Other than that, give us all a progress report on your new pride & joy when you've a minute. Some pic's too :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
]

If don't have aching shins from pedal angle its not an Alfa! :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not so much seat height but pedal position. At 5'11" i feel they could be further forward. Apparently Italians on average have short legs and long arms! Hence the positioning of pedals and steering wheel. The best driving position I have found so far is my wife's Celica - low seat, legs straight and wheel right there in front of you.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
At 6' 3" I have no problem with the seat height in the GT. I currently have a GTV courtesy car and I now know what a sardine feels like :lol:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Managed to find a really good seat position today but the accelerator is still a bit to the left as much as I would like....

I put the brakes on earlier and revved her through the roof...gotta stop wearing me big boots

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know what you mean about the height of the seat. I prefer sitting as low as possible. I found that by adjusting the height of the seat to the lowest setting, slightly tilting the seat back and fiddling with the lumber support you get the perception of sitting lower

Although never noticed any issues with the pedal setup?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts