Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clare has done the deed:D

Spec is metallic blue, full quilted / embossed heated leather, JBL sound system with the Touch & Go connected NAV system, reversing sensors & the leather armrest lid.

She's very happy. Delivery due July / August.

Includes professional tuition at a track to teach her/us to get the best out of the car (using course cars):wow:

Now, GT could go with offers above £5k (interest already) or keep:eek:

Pleased for her as love the 86 myself:inlove:

Cheers,

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Nice. Wouldn't mind a go in one of those. Think it would be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,619 Posts
good stuff, Simon - eyeing up used ones for when it's time move on the 190.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Nice one Clare! :thumbs: :cool:

(Although yet another long-term Alfista in now into another marque as the daily drive. :()

At least you still have the rest of the fleet. :D

I was very tempted by the GT86 when I ditched the 159 but
it just wasn't hound friendly and was glad I didn't as the prices
have dropped heavily in the last 18 months. Good for you guys.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good choice, I came so close to replacing the GT with a BRZ. When I first drove the 86' I was disappointed. the year later I'm ready to put a deposit down, so take a BRZ out for a drive... Much of the same. I hated the (lack) of noise, no urgency or excitement in the engine, and compared to an MX5 it wasn't anything special.

But then I drove a few more brand new cars... And I think the GT86/BRZ and the MX5 are the only good cars on sale today. They're superb compared to 90% of the ****e on dealer forecourts. So I'm very jealous of your purchase!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a sad fact that she's moving away from Alfa. Nothing of interest I'm afraid, 4c included.

I had to work hard to keep her away from Maserati. My sensible head ruling my heart, and hers for once!

Having loved the 86 when I drove it back in Oct 12, I was pleasantly surprised with the kit & interior improvements on the MY2015 car.

Roll on July/August :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Are you mad?

Finish on them is awful, did you see that they don't paint under the bonnet and some times even the door shuts arnt finished properly

Yes it has a good chassis but is severely lacking in the power department

As an ex toyota worker I found them very lacking in most departments, fuel economy was awful, seats were ok

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Points of view at logger heads somewhat, and guess what... I haven't a clue as to the models you are referring to! :(:

Regardless, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new acquisition, and look forward to more news and views on what you high fliers trounce the tarmac with.:thumbs:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Google threw up some nice looking pictures.. really hope you enjoy your new car, must be exciting buying from new and the expectation. Track day sounds fun too! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
We hired one of these when I went to collect the GT from the south coast
I liked it, mate wanted to experience it as he had one of the original AE86 models (I think that's the model code )
Its an interesting looking car , must admit we didn't push it too hard as there was a pretty hefty insurance excess but a nice sporty drive nonetheless.

·
Registered
39,902 Posts
Nice car, I like them. :cool:

Relatively light, rear wheel drive and 200BHP.

It is going to be fun. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Are you mad?

Finish on them is awful, did you see that they don't paint under the bonnet and some times even the door shuts arnt finished properly

Yes it has a good chassis but is severely lacking in the power department

As an ex toyota worker I found them very lacking in most departments, fuel economy was awful, seats were ok
fuel economy awful?!!

I did a motorway journey sensibly the other day and got 49mpg - please explain how that is awful for a 2.0 petrol :confused:

The build isn't perfect I agree, but it wasn't all that great on the Alfas I've driven either so no change

If you want a car with 300bhp, the GT86 is severely lacking in power, but if like me you want a car that has 200bhp, then it's just right :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I felt the engine was a bit flat, at the time I had a Mk1 Mx5 1.8 (140BHP, 8bhp over standard) and it felt like a ferrari compared to the GT86, MX5's engine was a lot more lively and 'aggressive' with the RPM guage.

GT86 would benefit from upgraded cams and better breathing/exhaling I think, it just felt restricted and down on power

RE MPG/fuel economy, the one I drove had 38mpg as an average, 90% town driving. Pretty good compared to my diesel Alfa's average of 34mpg (50/50 dual carriageways adn town)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Phil. Is yours the 2015 MY?

The suspension & diff mounts have been revised with TRD bits & the interior quality is nicer.

That said, whoever complained about the interior has obviously never sat in a GT or anything from the current range, 4c included!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I felt the engine was a bit flat, at the time I had a Mk1 Mx5 1.8 (140BHP, 8bhp over standard) and it felt like a ferrari compared to the GT86, MX5's engine was a lot more lively and 'aggressive' with the RPM guage.

GT86 would benefit from upgraded cams and better breathing/exhaling I think, it just felt restricted and down on power

RE MPG/fuel economy, the one I drove had 38mpg as an average, 90% town driving. Pretty good compared to my diesel Alfa's average of 34mpg (50/50 dual carriageways adn town)
I test drove a 2012 2.0 MX5 before the '86 and it was a good drive, similar power delivery to about 6000rpm then the GT86 keeps giving from that point is is a fair bit quicker than the MX5

Possibly the perception of the engine not being freely reving, is the induction noise tube that goes into the cabin is much louder in the mid-range and drops of at high rpm

One of the best things (for me) about the GT86 is that if there's something you don't like about it there's a solution out there

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Phil. Is yours the 2015 MY?

The suspension & diff mounts have been revised with TRD bits & the interior quality is nicer.

That said, whoever complained about the interior has obviously never sat in a GT or anything from the current range, 4c included!
no, was a stretch for me to get the one I did - 62 plate, black with the black leather/alcantara seats, carbon pack and sat nav. Same spec I'd choose new, although the standard stereo is pretty poor truth be told

I really like the interior, think it looks great and the central toggle switches are a nice touch - yes, some of the materials are crappy to touch - but I tend to have my hands on the steering wheel rather than tapping away at bit of interior trim :p

Doesn't surprise that you went for the quilted leather - it does have a certain Alfa-ness to it :cool:

So will yours have the full TRD suspension or is it more certain revised parts?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts