Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone had hands-on experience of suppliers for and/or fitting of a rear upper strut bract for a GT?
Are there any off-the-shelf solutions out there you know of (that fit!)? I don't have anyone that can design and make brackets etc, so even if I can buy a suitable aluminium bar, actually fitting it will not be possible.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, thats the sort of thing I'm after
However, I think there have been some members that have had order/money issues with this company??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the link, thats the sort of thing I'm after
However, I think there have been some members that have had order/money issues with this company??
Ah wasn't aware of that. haven't been on the forum in a while so must have missed that.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Does anyone have any experience of rear strut braces? I've heard front do little for double wishbone set ups.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Does anyone have any experience of rear strut braces? I've heard front do little for double wishbone set ups.
guess it depends on the car in question, can be very useful on hatchbacks and similar .. on the 156 it has a metal shelf and seats back welded across the turrets on the 156 so cant see if helping much. on 147 and gt yes it will help but if you will feel the gains is debatable.

on the 156 i can feel the front ones working car does feel different with them removed

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they not the same? every one I've seen lists the 156, 147 and gt in the descriptions
Not to my knowledge. I think there would be small enough differences in the dimensions of the 147 and 156 braces that would mean it wouldn't properly fit a GT (and given the tolerances I think it'd need to be very model specific).
I would be very reluctant to order a strut brace for 147 or 156 application and then when it inevitably didn't fit try and get a refund!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts