Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a go at this, seems fairly straightforward? Mine is beginning to split on the top, side edge. The material doesn't feel as nice to the touch as the seats, maybe faux leather or plastic.

I suppose the hardest part will be getting a good match, we call the interior black but it's more a charcoal colour.

All the best.

Pub

Reactions: pendragonfalls

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You can buy quality coverings made to measure the GT armrest for peanuts. And you can also specify contrast stitching if you like.

Damien.

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
I bought the genuine one from the dealer for my 147. It's not badly priced. You're right though it's made of not particularly nice vinyl of some kind.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can buy quality coverings made to measure the GT armrest for peanuts. And you can also specify contrast stitching if you like.
I'm listening. ;)

Pub

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: ALFADOIT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,
I bought mine from EBay.
As you can see from the picture, I changed the Armrest, Handbrake and Gearstick gaiters.
The simplest was the Gearstick, then the Armrest and then last Handbrake.
The Armrest cover did not look like it was going to go on, be patient it is just very and I do mean very tight.
The Handbrake was a nightmare as it was tight and hand no cut outs to hook on the plastic frame, I needed to use a hobby knife to cut slots in the leather to hook onto the lugs.
Really it’s all to do with patients and taking your time.
Happy modding.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be damned, 8 years I've owned the car and I've never noticed the seats have blue stitching. :vs_shocked:

How can I have not seen this? The eBay outfit above do a cover with blue stitching, gear lever and handbrake too, tempted.

All the best

Pub

1 - 10 of 10 Posts