Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this? I have looked for similar on the forums, found some but not quite the same. Now my problem seems to be that the radio is coming on with the ignition, BUT the radio was completely turned off when previously turning off the ignition. Also only once(first time I noticed) the car struggled to start(still made it first time) then I noticed the radio was on, so sounded if something had drained the battery some.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i figure you've never noticed the radio coming on when you've locked up the car (eg: overnight)? people seem to have had that, due to a faulty headunit.

how old is the car? does your battery have the 'health indicator' viewer - is it green?

perhaps you need a new battery, fullstop.

:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery good, looks like its the radio coming on of its own accord, it was playing when I got in the car today. So I have gone for the 'stick a CD in it' solution mentioned in other threads. So far radio/CD has not come on either on its own or when starting the car(which it was). So if this stays, no probs, but will keep an eye on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've had / have this fault.

The fault in my case is the sensor that detects a CD being put into the head unit, if it detects a CD being put in even when off it turns the unit on, and either plays the CD or switches to CD Changer.

It only faults on mine if there is no CD in the drive, so to prevent it from happening I leave a CD in there all the time.

I thought I was going mad, I'd go to the car and the CD changer was on a different disc to where I last played it from.

Oh yeah, if you read the small print of the 3yr Alfa warrenty, it does say the Radio/CD player is only covered by a 1 yr warrenty.

SB

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've had this problem (radio turning itself on during the night and draining the battery), and it sounds like you might have found my previous threads on the subject.

Just to confirm, I always leave a CD in and have never experienced the problem after first encountering it 18 months ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts