Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I picked up my first GT a couple of weeks ago. Ive replaced the cam-belt, water pump, DMF clutch, aux belt all tensioners, no problems. Ive met my match with the radio, no signal. The aerial on the roof seems to just have one wire going to it, I don't think that its screened so am guessing its the 12v power from the head unit. where does the screened aerial wire go? Elearn shows the power to the roof aerial but does not show the screened at all. I seem to have an aerial built into the windscreen, but why the power to the roof? I'm a bit concerned about the roof lining to delve too deep. Also the rear pillar cover has an airbag, not too keen there either. Does anyone know whats going on with these aerials to point the way? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
there should be a shielded wire going to the roof antenna, and a power wire that powers the amplifier which is mounted in the antenna base......
Later models sometimes have the power superimposed on the shielded antenna wire.(phantom power)
There is no windscreen antenna.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there should be a shielded wire going to the roof antenna, and a power wire that powers the amplifier which is mounted in the antenna base......
Later models sometimes have the power superimposed on the shielded antenna wire.(phantom power)
There is no windscreen antenna.....
Thanks for the reply. so with a bit of luck i just need a new roof aerial which will be here tomorrow. Mines a 57 plate hope both wires are together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had another look at ebay and the aerial that i have bought only has one wire too. So it seems that the phantom power (which is new to me) must be on it. Thanks for your help. Now i must not ruin the roof lining! Just a thought; do these aerials ever leak? super sticky gasket? Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah a bit, I already have the light out. Its about 150mm away. I think i will have to take out the roof lining plastic pin near the tailgate and ease it out from the rubber to really get to it. but at least now I have a plan. Thanks again.
it must have the phantom power because it for sure has only one wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts