Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI chaps my mate picked up his 54 plate GT JTD from an alfa dealer today but didn't notice till he got home the passenger seat release was very stiff, so stiff the handle had already been snapped off!!! Now its a secondhand car, but bought from an Alfa dealer do you think they should have replaced the handle? Its under a 12 month warranty fromt he dealer but i feel they should just stump up the cost and fit a new handle. What do you think?

Also any dealers looking whats the cost of the handle and how hard to fit? if its cheap and easy shame on them for not doing it! If its hard and expensive Shame on them for not doing it!!!!!

I wont name and shame the dealer just yet but i think this is very poor service.

If anyone can let me know the likely costs that would be cool!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I think they should fix it, how can they sell a car with a broken handle..

sorry to hijack the thread but mines also very stiff and hard to open, anyone know how I can sort it out, put some oil on it or something?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I believe it is possible to change the cable but its a pain of a job and as he's only just bought the car I'd push for the dealer to sort it out.

For future reference if you have the problem again push the back of the seat backwards slightly. This seems to release the tension on the cable and the handle moves easily to move the seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For future reference if you have the problem again push the back of the seat backwards slightly. This seems to release the tension on the cable and the handle moves easily to move the seat.
That helps (only way to open it with half a handle) i think someone previously didn't know the trick and got over zealous hence the missing plastic, interested to find out cost and difficulty if its easy may push for the dealer to send the part as dealer is 100+ miles away.

BTW lovely car best exhuast note i have evr heard on a diesel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts