Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav recently had a fault with the parking sensors on my alfa gt and been told the wiring has corroded and just wondering if this repair can be acheived with a diy fix

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
if it is one of the middle 2 that are at fault then it is a bumper off job.. Put into reverse and touch each sensor. They should vibrate slightly...

·
Registered
635 Posts
if it is one of the middle 2 that are at fault then it is a bumper off job.. Put into reverse and touch each sensor. They should vibrate slightly...
The bumper doesn't need to come off completely to do the 2 middle sensors. I replaced one only last weekend. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i got the car they were dissconnected fella a bought it off said that the wiring was correded so hopefully it is one of the side ones not keen in taking the bumper off where do they connect to the car so that i can re connect them

·
Registered
50 Posts
The reason I asked is that the connection on top of the gearbox had come loose & it was just a question of resoldering them.
Quite an easy job but takes a while to get the battery & tray off to get to it.
Might be worth checking before you start removing bumpers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bumper doesn't need to come off completely to do the 2 middle sensors. I replaced one only last weekend. :)
Any tips on doing that? One of my middle sensors is a bit dodgy. I'm putting up with it for the time being because of the need to remove the bumper. I might get round to fixing it sooner if it is an easier job! Did you replace the sensor completely?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Any tips on doing that? One of my middle sensors is a bit dodgy. I'm putting up with it for the time being because of the need to remove the bumper. I might get round to fixing it sooner if it is an easier job! Did you replace the sensor completely?
I changed the middle left one. I wish I had taken pictures but the weather was dodgy so I rushed the job. From memory I removed the 4 top screws that you can see when you lift the tail gate. There are also 3 underneath that also need to come out. Then remove the piece of trim in the boot that protects the lip(not a good description I know). Then I removed the trim to the left that covers the Bose amp/speaker. Then I unplugged the amp/speaker and removed the screws to move it out of the way. Now you can access 3 more screws that screw down through the bumper.
Working in the wheel arch remove the 3 screws holding the wheel arch liner to the bumper.(there is one underneath and I did it with the wheel in place) Pull back the liner to gain access to one more screw which bolts up through the bumper.
At this point I tried to pull the bumper back enough to get my hand in behind it but there was not quite enough room.
I then partially removed the piece of trim to the right of the lip protector and removed one more screw.
I could then pull the bumper back enough to get to the middle left sensor. The sensor is sprung against the back of the bumper. If you press your knee into the front of the sensor and press it in from the back and twist, it will come out(it's a single bayonet fitting and can easilly break so be careful) . You can then unplug it and replace.

Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts