Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am collecting my new (to me) 05 Gt on Thursday evening and remember during test drive that there was an annoying parcel shelf rattle. Any ideas for a fix?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Remove parcel shelf? :p

Might not be the parcel shelf. There are a few areas in the back that can give a rattle. TBH I've given up trying to isolate them and just turn the stereo up. What rattle?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm loving all the replies so far, i didn't have this problem until i decided to use my brain and adjust the bootlid. After adjusting it the rattle came. I think your best bet is to adjust the boot so it effectively sits heavier on the rubbers.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
my would occasionally rattle, but only over big bumps.

one thing to check, is that the two rubber 'stoppers' are in place. when you open the hatch, they are positioned along the edge, nearest you.

when you close the hatch, the hatch gently presses down against the stoppers to help hold the shelf down firmly.

:)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
one thing to check, is that the two rubber 'stoppers' are in place. when you open the hatch, they are positioned along the edge, nearest you.
I had the same thing in my first GT and it took me months to isolate it. Turned out it was exactly this. One missing rubber! :rant:

After a visit to a different dealership, my current GT developed the same rattle. :tut:

I asked my normal dealership for a replacement and this is what I was told.

"Every single nut, bolt, screw and plastic bit is available separately apart from the parcel shelf rubbers. To get these you will need to buy a parcel shelf." :eek:

Now I know why the swines robbed it! :mad:

After threatening to beat the nice man with his own shoe, he stole one off a showroom car for me. :thumbs:

May I take this opportunity to apologize to the nice person who purchased the Wine Red GT from Portsmouth. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just been looking into making one. I thought I could get a moulding kit and knock one up in silicon rubber or latex, but it would cost about £30 all in...

...how much is a parcel shelf?:lol:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I had the same thing in my first GT and it took me months to isolate it. Turned out it was exactly this. One missing rubber! :rant:

I asked my normal dealership for a replacement and this is what I was told.

"Every single nut, bolt, screw and plastic bit is available separately apart from the parcel shelf rubbers. To get these you will need to buy a parcel shelf." :eek:
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I have one of these rubbers missing and had a look in the forum to see if it had been mentioned. Staggered to hear that the whole shelf was needed, but a search on ePer suggests this is the part number

71719402 item No. 6 the image. £1.78 accoring to ePer V5.0 Pricelist effective 01.08.2009

View attachment 89865

A bit late but hope this helps

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ordered mine on Monday, should be in tomorrow. SLM Fiat Hastings, East Sussex. Any Fiat/AR Dealer should be able to order one in for you, princely sum of £1.82.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had an annoying boot lid rattle, I found it by gently pushing the lid down when closed this replicated the rattle,screwed out the offside plunger 1/4 turn to ensure the buffer was compressed and the rattle went problem sorted

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had an annoying boot lid rattle, I found it by gently pushing the lid down when closed this replicated the rattle,screwed out the offside plunger 1/4 turn to ensure the buffer was compressed and the rattle went problem sorted
Also developed rattle but found it was the box of wheel nuts kept in the boot, rattling in the plastic. Turned the box upright, much better, removed to front seat - gone. So now I'm going to pack it with foam and return to boot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
:)Nice one pub ,had this rattle for a while after looking just put up with it as it's no biggy just irritating,but looked at this thread went and looked at the shelf and bugger me ones missing :lol:tapped one side of shelf with the rubber ,solid.............tapped other side rattle!!!! i like easy fixes ,thanks again :thumbs:
ash

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
So has anyone actually managed to buy one of these?
Here she is, complete with a single string for lifting the shelf, albeit a different design to the one that's fitted.:confused:

Now that's what I call value for money. :thumbs:

View attachment 90125

All the best

Pub

1 - 20 of 31 Posts