Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing my 04 2.0 jts 156, just wondered what everyone's opinions were with regard to a gt or a Brera. I don't do huge miles so fuel isn't a big issue so what model is best, thinking of spending 5 - 10k preferably the lower lol

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
If fuel isn't an issue, then a V6 is the only way to go :)

·
Registered
13,602 Posts
On pure looks I would struggle to decide. As I usually suggest, perhaps see if you can get a test drive of both. Might help you decide which is the best to live with.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Having just bought a GT V6, I can vouch for it being a very solid, fun car. It does of course have that fab engine too! They are a bit scarce on the secondhand market though.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
GT.....now close the thread ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
The GT is a good looking car, but IMO its not in the same league as the Brera style wise. With 15" poverty wheels the GT can look a little bland.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
If I was living in the UK, I would go V6 all the way, so cheap to run compared to RoI. Initially I would go GT, and then plan to change 12 months later. 2008 Brera with the nicer seats (unless you're fat :p)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
This has been done to death many times over......

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/289951-gt-or-brera.html for example (search is your friend).

My usual line:-

I'm luck to currently own the ultimate versions of both cars and as such my viewi s as impartial as it can be.

Over 90% of the time the Brera is a much more compete car as a driving prospect and it's 100% better to live with on a day to day prospect.

The GT is a bit quicker if you're on it and is a sharper drive on good tarmac but it feels old and the build isn't that good (squeaks, creaks and clonks are order of the day).

Without a Q2 the GT is useless in the wet though and it needs modifying to improve the ride.

If you don't need useable rear seats, the Brera is fantastic straight out of the box.

So, which one then? That's easy really. The Brera wins by quite a wide margin:D

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I think that the Brera is the prettier and the GT the more practical.
Consider your everyday needs from the car.
Choose, then never look back.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts