Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just parked up at work and noticed oil on the inside lip, and dripping off, of the front bumper at the drivers wheel.:cry: Can't make much out due to all the covers etc but it looks like there is an oil cooler behind the front grill in this location. Any ideas as we are supposed to be going away this weekend and i so need it fixed today.
I'm thinking a stone through the cooler (which looks okon first inspection) or a pipe gone but either way it will need parts and alfa garages are not good at stocking them !!!! :( :(

Does anyone have a diagram of the pipework etc to make it easier to identify and source and contacts in the south east (sussex) area.
I know about Monzasport and will be calling them when they open.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leak is coming from the right angled bend pipe that exits the bottom of the oil cooler. Seems to be corroded and has a constant drip when engine running

Can this bend be replaced or is it part of either the cooler or pipework preceeding it?

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Is this what you want?

You can use the Fiat ePer at FIAT ePER :: The FIAT Forum

You go to Alfa Romeo, then X2 GT (2003-...), then 103 Lubrification system, then 10309/00 oil cooler m10 m15 m92

All the part numbers for the system are there, which will help with Alfa dealers getting you the right part and checking stock figures.

Hope this helps :)

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
From what you describe it looks like either of the parts 4) or 5) are to fault on yours.

Its a common failure on the 3.0 GTV that has an oil cooler, the pipes rot and leak.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah you were right. Its part no 5 and its the bend that has corroded.
I'm going to clean it up and metal compound it and use amalgamating tape over it to see me throught till the part arrives.
Eper is quoting around £40 for the pipe.

thanks for your help.:thumbs:

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
No probs mate, glad I could be of assistance :D

Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a bugger to change when the part arrives :)

Worth changing them both, if the other one looks in similar condition?

I think there might be somewhere that sells braided steel or aluminium hoses if that might interest you? Common upgrade on the 3.0 GTV I think..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts