Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys can someone steer me onto an OBD 2 fault code reader that's compatible with a GT as all the ones I've looked at have the wrong plugin connector on them?
Regards. Mark

·
Premium Member
8,178 Posts

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
It needs to be EOBD compatible, not just OBD2 .. OBD2 is for US cars .. and the GT (and similar older models) where never intended for export to US so don't comply to US standards.

the other option in MultiEcuScan .. but that's Windows-based software so needs a laptop, etc

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
There are options.

1. A Laptop which you can load Multi Ecu Scan onto. Then you just need cables.

2. Carsoft website has options.
Fiat & Alfa Romeo iCarsoft i950 Multi System Diagnostic Tool - SRS, ABS, Engine & Transmission

3. As suggested a Bluetooth or WiFi enabled adapter to link to a Self Monitoring And Reporting Technology (SMART) phone. Various apps are available. Beware the ones requiring monthly subscription.

I am about to start using all of the above. I just got a Carista Bluetooth adapter on Amazon and will see if it works fairly soon. I have no intention of using the Carista app/software though. I got it because it should work with my phone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you guys saying that it is a common plug because mine isn't ! Normally it's a wedge shape but mine is a rectangle with a couple of lugs ?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
See if you are able to get a photograph of it and post that.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Just to update, I got the Carista adapter and it works fine.
I'm using it in conjunction with OBD Auto Doctor app on a Windows phone.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bl...keywords=carista+obd2+bluetooth+adapter&psc=1

What I can say is that the OBD software (basically EOBD) does not necessarily log all the faults that the manufacturer system does so its diagnostic capability is somewhat limited. It should be able to clear all the fault codes (and probably even the ones the EOBD doesn't log). This is a not uncommon situation though.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
You need fiat multiscan. You do have to pay for it (£50) but it works perfectly. Had mine years with a usb to OBD cable on the laptop.

https://www.multiecuscan.net/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts