Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've bought a replacement housing for my key as I snapped the key ring holder bit and I'm struggling to open the old casing! Is there a screw under the alfa badge or something because i can't open it! Have tried to pry the badge off too but no luck :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
take badge off - will need a mini screwdriver and a damned good attempt at not running the driver through your hand when it gives!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Straight after I posted that I got the badge off. Now I have 2 keys in pieces and no idea how to put them together!

The keys off eBay are crappy...and that's polite!

·
Registered
543 Posts
youtube is your friend - chap who takes apart a 156 key - it's in German and the blokes nails are disgusting (probably been picking bum bogies) but, if you can put up with it, it might help! Different set up on the key (I think, from my ailing memory) but same principle etc.

I would echo the "not losing transponder"!!! little black chip looking thing.

Key is easy enough to put back together it's just getting the spring the right way round.

·
Registered
543 Posts
google "alfa romeo key inside" - check images and make sure you have not lost the transponder (circled in red) should also help with working out how it goes together.

Alternatively, post your address on this forum, send me the key and I will.....erm..............."drop it round to you" - yes, that's right, I will "drop the key off to you". :D

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
Careful with the Ebay cases they come without the battery terminals. There are two versions of the keys externally they are similar. But internally the sprung battery terminals are different and are not interchangeable. The ebay key shells are the earlier design and the battery terminals from the later keys wont fit. The easiest way to tell them apart is to pop out the battery tray. The later remotes have a slightly thicker battery tray and the sprung battery terminal is part of the tray. On the earlier ones the tray holds just the battery and the sprung terminal is inside the remote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts