Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Thanks for everyones help on my engine number query.
Now the brake lights on my 1972 1300 gt junior have stopped work, i have checked the obvious things like, bulbs, fuse and power getting to the bulbs, but they don't seem to be the problem.

The next item that i am going to check is the switch in the hydraulic line, mounted on the bulkhead in the engine bay. If this is faulty, can it be taken out of the line without letting air into the system? and also where could i get another one from if it is broken? is it a standard (ish) part fitted to cars of that period, or is it an alfa only part?
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Yes I've been through a few of those too, if you can, put one in the rear brake regulator too, there is a tapping for one on some units. That way if one fails the other works instead.

You can buy them from the usual suspects like, EB, Classic Alfa, Highwood and Alfaholics.

I beleive they are also the same as the ones on a lot of BL cars too.

If you are quick you can change them without bleeding, but make sure you have everything to hand and don't lose the copper washer (though some don't need one). I put a plastic bag over the top of the filler hole in reservoir and then put the lid back on to seal it all up and create a vacuum. I've done it at the side of the road a few times:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
You should be able to find something generic if you take a sample with to your spares shop. You can also use a similar thread bolt to close the hole so that you can take the sample away with time to spare. I got a VW beetle one which had a slightly longer reach (fixed with washers) and had some sort of lock-nut material on the thread for a snug fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts