Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
This has been for sale for a while. I just wonder if it should be left original as its such a time warp car rather than fitting alloys and suspension. I love the look but there are plenty of ok ish cars to restore to Alfaholics fast road spec. (Which is what I want to do when money allows)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Its a shame about the wheels and low profiles - I really think that spoils the look along with the lowering kit, just MHO

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have seen it - not driven it. It has been with them since March. Looked very nice when I saw it, fresh in from Italy, with original wheels. Very original, but re-sprayed I think (very well by the looks of it). The dash top was cracked - maybe sorted by now.

I guess it is worth that much - or close. I don't think they are in a hurry to sell it.

Not sure how they came on it - not their usual kind of stock (modern performance/prestige stuff). They are friendly folks there, so if you like it worth giving them a call.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
"time warp" in my book is a different cup of tea altogether: time warp has the original paint for a start, original wheels, original everything..otherwise just call is restored on a very good basis!
Nice though, dont get me wrong.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Seems overpriced to me - 1300 lump and steering wheel on the wrong side. I don't think mileage is all that relevant on a 42 year old car, as most bits will have been replaced due to age. You should get a very nice 1600, 1750 or 2000 in RHD for that money.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is just down the road from me and I saw it the day he took delivery in the spring. It was stock with steel wheels and normal ride height, he's only recently dropped the suspension and added GTA alloys, I guess because it hadn't sold so he's looking for a new Market. Started off at £19995 think and now at £18 something. His story is that it came direct from a collector in Italy and was barely touched and is very original. He is a well established dealer with a good rep but this isn't his usual bag. However, it's obviously had a paint job and there is minimal history. I think it would have sold by now if everything tied up but obviously it doesn't. Still looks good in his window though!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Seems overpriced to me - 1300 lump and steering wheel on the wrong side. I don't think mileage is all that relevant on a 42 year old car, as most bits will have been replaced due to age. You should get a very nice 1600, 1750 or 2000 in RHD for that money.
Lhd won't affect the value, low documented mileage will count hugely in it's favour and arguably the step front is more desirable than 1750 and 2000. However,agree that there have been some other very good cars out there for this money if you're not fussed about an original (ish!) low miles Step front

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is just down the road from me and I saw it the day he took delivery in the spring. It was stock with steel wheels and normal ride height, he's only recently dropped the suspension and added GTA alloys, I guess because it hadn't sold so he's looking for a new Market. Started off at £19995 think and now at £18 something. His story is that it came direct from a collector in Italy and was barely touched and is very original. He is a well established dealer with a good rep but this isn't his usual bag. However, it's obviously had a paint job and there is minimal history. I think it would have sold by now if everything tied up but obviously it doesn't. Still looks good in his window though!
If they are pushing this as an original unmolested low mileage collectors treasure it seems a little odd to put after-market modifications on it.... :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts