Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!! Is my first post in this forum and I hope that I'm not gonna do something wrong. I am very interesting to buy a gt 2lt with 165bhp. The problem is the tuning part of this car. I asked some tuners and told that it's a very difficult angine for tuning. At the moment I drive a ford focus st which produce 225bhp and I was wondering if I can tune a 2lt gt to produce about 200-210bhp.. Is anyone here who has already tuned the 2lt jts engine? Please let me know if there is any way to tune this engine to produce 200-210bhp and what do I need to fit to the car...
Thank you

·
Registered
396 Posts
no chance, unless you are going to go for forced induction, eg, turbo or supercharger..

the jts makes only around 155hp legit.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Hi!!! Is my first post in this forum and I hope that I'm not gonna do something wrong. I am very interesting to buy a gt 2lt with 165bhp. The problem is the tuning part of this car. I asked some tuners and told that it's a very difficult angine for tuning. At the moment I drive a ford focus st which produce 225bhp and I was wondering if I can tune a 2lt gt to produce about 200-210bhp.. Is anyone here who has already tuned the 2lt jts engine? Please let me know if there is any way to tune this engine to produce 200-210bhp and what do I need to fit to the car...
Thank you

Cams,four branch manifold with no precats,freeflow system and remap,we always see between 185-195 bhp:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cams,four branch manifold with no precats,freeflow system and remap,we always see between 185-195 bhp:)
I have looked around for cams but it's very difficult to find cams for this particular engine. I found only the colombo and bariani cams but I did some research and I found that is very difficult to fit them and also some of the people that used them said that are not very happy. Do you know if there is any other firm that design cams for the jts engines and have you used them?

·
Registered
91 Posts
C&B cams are good, they give a nice gain high in the revs and also good torque spread.
They don't come with locks, you just set them up like any other sport cams, you have the lift values at tdc posted in the specs by C&B.

Got this setup, with full exhaust, and alfatune remap, very pleased with it!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I have looked around for cams but it's very difficult to find cams for this particular engine. I found only the colombo and bariani cams but I did some research and I found that is very difficult to fit them and also some of the people that used them said that are not very happy. Do you know if there is any other firm that design cams for the jts engines and have you used them?
Just drop AlfaTuner a pm - I'm sure he can help you with the things he's listed if you're serious... :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts