Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now out of warrantee and the nasty 36K belt and bits done, I'm switching back to self-service.

Have the service books/CD and looks very basic stuff.

Has anyone done the oil filter and air filter clean themselves on a JTS , anything to look out for ?

The air box seems a bit of a pig to open given the Xenons complicate any sort of knuckle room in the bay

Appreciate any advice.

C

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Don't do it:eek: The JTS is a fantastic engine but the belt arrangement is complicated. Why not use a decent indy and save yourself a lot of pain and hassle? Cheers, Simon.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Don't do it:eek: The JTS is a fantastic engine but the belt arrangement is complicated. Why not use a decent indy and save yourself a lot of pain and hassle? Cheers, Simon.
I think he's saying that the belts are done.

Its awkward and there's not much room, you also need the service counter reset. other wise it's just an engine.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Changed the oil&filter and the air filter on my 156 JTS a while back, it's just an engine so don't worry about it.

The sump plug was a ***** though, remember just to nip it up and not as tight as you can get it. Might be best getting a new sump plug and gasket to be safe.

Can't imagine the GT is much different, although the air filter layout looks a bit of a mess.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts