Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi All had my Gt Diesel, remapped Egr delete, front cat removed on a rolling road for the first time yesterday .I was well chuffed with the result BHP 198.5 315 feet of torque .The guy got out of the car after the run and said that's well fast a right result

Attachments

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
A good remap doesn't smoke. You pays your money and takes your choice.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Actually, I've know a guy who went back and asked for his car to smoke because he liked it that way, so the good mapper did as he asked and he was very happy... each to their own.

That seems very low on torque for the stated bhp, did they offer any road wheel figures?

·
Registered
551 Posts
hi All had my Gt Diesel, remapped Egr delete, front cat removed on a rolling road for the first time yesterday .I was well chuffed with the result BHP 198.5 315 feet of torque .The guy got out of the car after the run and said that's well fast a right result
Have you got the graph of the power run:confused: be interested to see that if you'd share it :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Have you got the graph of the power run
Here's mine from a few years ago.

Similar HP to 300stu but more torque....which maybe explains why I had to go for a CG Motorsports fast road clutch....nothing wrong with the one that was in it...just couldn't handle the power, and would slip when pressing the loud pedal.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
22 Posts
My GT Cloverleaf 170 was re-mapped at AHM and they achieved 207bhp and 345 lbft (I'm remembering those figures as I don't have the graphs to hand!). Though like many people on here; I spent just under £400 on my re-map and have then had to spend a further £600 on a Stage 1 clutch to cope with it all!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just fitted a good quality standard clutch to mine .I asked my local indi and he recommended it over an uprated one

·
Registered
517 Posts
Fitted a Black Diamond Kevlar clutch to mine and it only held an extra 30lbft, complete waste.

I have had graphs from rollers stating over 250bhp from just 190whp, so the wheel figures are important. Torque gains of upto 340lbft at the road wheel are possible on a standard turbo but hp is usually not so generous without more than just a map.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts