Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , i have noticed lately every morning in particular when the car has been standing over night for the first part of my journey untill things warm up and get working my offside suspension makes a horrible rubber type sueak when i go over any bumps more so speed bumps ,am i right to assume its the wishbone, if so are they normally replaced as a pair or just either upper or lower? many thnx .......Mark

G

·
0 Posts
Just had it on mine and it was a suspension arm. £120 to replace, done in half an hour...sorted!!! Car is now squeek free and nice to drive again :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
On my JTD 156 it turned out to be the bottom wishbone ball joint. It got worse and worse and I could feel it through the strut fork when suspension was bounced, pulling the rubber back and WD40'ing it brought instant relief after months of maddening squeaking! Ball joint actually has play in it, hoping to get done tomorrow. Ideally changed as a pair, it depends on your budget and enthusiasm I suppose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey! It's the weekly wishbones thread.
Yes the best way to sort wishbone problems is to decide how many years you are going to keep the car multiply by 2 and that will give you the total amount of wishbones to buy.......
:lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes the best way to sort wishbone problems is to decide how many years you are going to keep the car multiply by 2 and that will give you the total amount of wishbones to buy.......
:lol:
Can we just have a wishbones thread 'sticky'? Ideally only allowed to be updated on a Sunday, to coincide with roast chicken that I will devour, & in celebration of where the name came from.

Anyway cant hang around here all day. Those wishbones on mine are playing up too:mad:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can we just have a wishbones thread 'sticky'? Ideally only allowed to be updated on a Sunday, to coincide with roast chicken that I will devour, & in celebration of where the name came from.

Anyway cant hang around here all day. Those wishbones on mine are playing up too:mad:
I agree sticky please

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yep, a sticky would be good for easy reference/shared misery. I may write a book on A ownership simply called "Wishbones & Water Pumps: The never ending tale of the Alfa 156/147 & GT".
I feel a bit left out, the water pump on mine has been fine. He said....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts