Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but just the last few days my GT has been very slow to take off especially in first gear. Its desparately slow until the turbo kicks in and then it just takes off as normal. Does the same when driving along and you let the engine go off the boil coming out of second or third gear corners - its just dies big time until the turbo kicks in again and trhen away it goes situation normal, but you could wait maybe 10-20 seconds before the turbo kicks in.

I had the mass sensor go on a Volkswagon TDI before, but if I remember correctly the turbo didn't kick in when the mass sensor had gone - it was just dead all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks.....

R

·
0 Posts
You need a new EGR valve. Just to prove it disconnect the wiring to it. Live with the yellow engine light on the dash for a week or two and I bet your car is back to normal. I had this last year on an 8v jtd engine but same symptoms on the 16v diesels

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. In saying that the engine light did come on for a day before xmas but it cleared itself again so I though no more about it until now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts