Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, thinking of getting my 05 GT JTD re-mapped. ive been told that it will boast power up to 192 bhp and improve MPG by 10% ish.
any problems to look out for ie smoking etc?

i have just had the clutch changed some not to worried about extra wear on the clutch.

cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My understanding is that one of the "byproducts" of a remap is it can smoke as essentially its throwing in more fuel.I had a 2.4 jtd remapped and it smoked when booted hard but the performance was quite remarkable.In Sussex there is a guy that remaps for £160 but a fellow poster antman who is in Surrey knows a chap with the equipment to do it for even less.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
hi guys, thinking of getting my 05 GT JTD re-mapped. ive been told that it will boast power up to 192 bhp and improve MPG by 10% ish.
any problems to look out for ie smoking etc?

i have just had the clutch changed some not to worried about extra wear on the clutch.

cheers guys.
call jjb look in trade directory ..they do alfatune remaps .quality end of . :thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers lads, my brother owns a garage and so knows a guy who knows a guy so i'll stick with that. looking forward to pulling the tarmac up when i get it done.

thanks.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
cheers lads, my brother owns a garage and so knows a guy who knows a guy so i'll stick with that. looking forward to pulling the tarmac up when i get it done.

thanks.
just a thought here a bad map will rip tarmac up ,ya clutch and ya box and i know a guy who knows a guy who can fix it :cheese:good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
You will regret getting a cheap re-map, end of!

Peaky torque will kill transmissions and ruin the driving experience by over fuelling and over boosting resulting in clouds of black smoke.

I'm also a Gustune convert . Smooth is the word!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had mine re-mapped, smoking has not been a problem. Even before mapping you would get a puff of smoke under hard acceleration. I had to upgrade my clutch to cope with the extra torque, even though the one that came out was hardly worn; so beware your new clutch may require changing again soon. I went for a higher performance clutch, no problems since.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
People seem to have the idea that the more you pay the 'better' map you will get. It's not the case at all. (Aslong as it's not one from a £4.99 cd on ebay)

I've had a guy come to me wanting a Range Rover remapped but because it was a low price he assumed it would be crap so wen't elsewhere to a pal of mine and paid £400..but the guy who remapped it does mine for me so it would have been the same yet he drove off happy as Larry.. crazy.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The guy i know that remaps has the latest equipment which is regularly updated. He can remap and if you want it back to its original state before a sale etc this is a straight forward operation.The equipment he uses can also remap the ecu if you remove the dpf and cat. He has a waiting list yet can still do it in the southern region from £160. My understanding is a remapped diesel will smoke slightly more when booted to the max.With the 2.4 jtd its the driveshafts that go first if the car is constantly hammered.The diesel is great on mid range performance rather than drag race type starts which kill the clutch, ive always tended to be gentle during gear changes untill the clutch is fully engaged..This is only my opinion and everyone drives and thinks differently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts