Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Theres been 2 periods in the past couple of months where my GT wasn't started for around a week. On both occasions I had to get the car jumped. I also occasionally get a glow plug error. Anyone any experience of whether this sounds like a battery or glow plug error?

I've been driving the car every day for the last couple of weeks without any problem but get the odd glow plug error.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Probably battery - unless the tempreture is very low (sub -5C) then the glow plugs are not actually doing very much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Had a feeling it was the battery alright. It hasn't been below 5 here much this winter so probably not the plugs then

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had exactly the same thing (not starting then glow-plug error after jump start) after I hadn't started it for a few days at xmas.
I got the alternator checked just in case there was a problem there but it turned out it was just the battery on it's last legs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had exactly the same thing (not starting then glow-plug error after jump start) after I hadn't started it for a few days at xmas.
I got the alternator checked just in case there was a problem there but it turned out it was just the battery on it's last legs.
Cheers. I'll throw a new battery in at the weekend hopefully and see how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts