Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Against others' advice and on pure looks I have purchased an Alfa Romeo GT JTD Blackline. Having owned a Fiat Stilo for 10 years covered 142,000 trouble free miles I went ahead and bought an Alfa Diesel. The clutch is very heavy and I'm hoping to get tips on this and perhaps others in the future though I hope I won't need them! I blanked off the EGR valve on the Stilo, replaced the drop links and gearbox mounts a couple of times discs and pads but other than that she never let me down. If I get a similar reliability from the GT I will be more than happy! Since purchase I have fitted new discs and pads, fuel filter, oil change and filter and got a local expert to fit a timing belt and water pump. Will be in touch for tips from all those with experience on the GT. Glad to you for having me on the Forum.

·
Administrator
88,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Against others' advice and on pure looks I have purchased an Alfa Romeo GT JTD Blackline. Having owned a Fiat Stilo for 10 years covered 142,000 trouble free miles I went ahead and bought an Alfa Diesel. The clutch is very heavy and I'm hoping to get tips on this and perhaps others in the future though I hope I won't need them! I blanked off the EGR valve on the Stilo, replaced the drop links and gearbox mounts a couple of times discs and pads but other than that she never let me down. If I get a similar reliability from the GT I will be more than happy! Since purchase I have fitted new discs and pads, fuel filter, oil change and filter and got a local expert to fit a timing belt and water pump. Will be in touch for tips from all those with experience on the GT. Glad to you for having me on the Forum.

as David has said, tech lounge is the busiest place and you will get lots of good advice on how best to pamper your new Alfa..:thumbup:

suffice to say, welcome ,and I wish you many happy miles of trouble free motoring..:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts