1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All

2005 (55) GT JTD Had the following problems come up

Temp Gauge
Been happening for a few weeks now. Driving on a motorway its fine stays at the normal 90 then drop off onto the side roads and fluctuates between 70-90 does any one know why this is ?

Fuel Gauge happened today !!!
Parked up at work with just under half a tank showing on the gauge - Setting off out 2Hrs later fuel light was on, after checking the area for any leeks of Diesel and driving for a few miles it gradually creeped up to around quarter of a tank but this was still well below what it was when i first parked up. I did park half on the curb half on the road and temprature outside was freezing to - 1 but surly this shouldn't stop it working like that.
It had been filled up over the weekend and had done 325miles since so should have stayed around the just under half mark not quarter of a tank mark

Called in and put £20 orth of Diesel on the drive back to see if it was working and it went up just above half but i was expecting it to be more around the three quarter mark seen as it was just below half originally.
Any ideas of how to solve this problem or anyone else had this happen to them ?

Also while i'm on complaining anyone know how to stop the annoying parcel shelf rattle ?
All the clips holding the brackets etc in are not broken so don't know what else to do.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Kyle

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine does the same with regards to temp, more so when I'm idling and the heat is drawn from the engine, it can drop to around 75, my stat opens at 80 ish as I have checked it (top hose cold till 80 ish then gets hot) maybe the ambient temp causing it, not sure until the weather warms up!

As for fuel, the price of diesel is creeping up weekly so you're not getting the same amount for your buck!

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi mine is doing the same, only drops by 5 degrees though the goes up and down, could be the heater as Dave said sounds like the right explanation as its been cold last few days .Also had same prob with my fuel gauge put its self right at next fill up.You heard the saying its an ALFA you know you have to expect little glitches LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts