Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I've just had the clutch on my 54 GT JTD pack in, fortunately not at a dangerous moment (I was just a few yards from home on my way to some entertainment). I've had the clutch pin mod. done under warranty, so at first I thought it was that (!). It wasn't though.

The AA bloke who (very promptly) towed me to the dealer had a look and says that it is likely that the clutch fluid has escaped. Apparently the design is very similar to the one fitted to the FIAT Marea etc., and that has had a few problems in the past. I'll find out in the morning what the real story is, but in the meantime has anybody else suffered a fault similar to this on the GT?

Sitting back at home waiting to get a hire car in the morning....

oob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had the same thing thing happen to mine.Turned out that the master cyclinder was mullered, not very good for a car under 2 years old but then again, we don't buy them cos there reliable do we:lol: .All sorted under warranty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nusen

Yes, same here except it was a connecting hose that had failed in the clutch mechanism. It was all sorted out under warranty on Saturday morning very quickly.

I think the idea of a perfectly reliable car is a myth. Where I used to work (arrgh that word!) there was a newly opened Merc. dealership opposite. One morning an irate Merc. owner parked his said vehicle right outside the gate, blocking it. It turned out that he had a dispute with either the car or the dealership and had got no satisfaction, so resorted to more direct means to get redress.

I used to run a Citroen Xantia estate that had various problems as well. The aircon was an afterthought quickly designed and implemented. It worked OK until it burned out the low-speed radiator fan due to the fan not being designed for the job of continuous rotation to keep the aircon cool. Hence a warped head and an £800 bill. Nasty!

Cheers and thanks for the comment.

oob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts