Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought red or back were the colours to pick for the GT, but have noticed recently walking home through Brixton a smart new 08 GT in white with what looks like a special "Italian boy racer" style paint job and red leather seats. Certainly looks the part!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Totally agree yorkie. I was in the west end yesterday an d noticed a brand new 911 and audi s5 in white. Both looked fantastic, just waiting to see the new aston or ferrari in white. Its officilly the safest colour as well!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did the white alfa have the paint job on the bonnet, stripes from lead edge of bonnet to windscreen, just to one side? If so I have seen that car too and it looks mighty fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The 911 GT2 and Gallardo LP 560-4 which were on TopGear last night both looked rather good in white. I did prefer the Gallardo in the Grass Green version the stig drove for the power lap....reminds me of the Muira Hammond drove a few series back!!! PRETTY CAR!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I reckon white is a fantastic colour for a car........... I had a white Merc CLK a few yaers back.......... Probably my all time favourite car......... The white paintwork used to polish up a treat..........

............ Not sure about boy racer srtipes and "red" ???? seats though.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Safest colour? Officially?

Safer than yellow? I read somewhere a reference about BT vans going from easier to see yellow, to shadowy grey.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Top Gear? We didn't see the 911 time? The GT2 was quicker. I need to catch the repeat, as my recorder chopped off the end.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They do look nice but if you want a GT in white you'd have to pay for the Lusso spec and not one of the Special Editions......who would seriously stump up in excess of £23k for a GT that's gonna lose £1000 a month?!!!!!
.......Especially when you could get a Brera for that money!

·
Registered
327 Posts
taken from whatcar;

"The RAC Foundation research was carried out in Australia and analysed vehicle-to-vehicle crashes between 1987 and 2004 that resulted in death, injury or the vehicle being towed away. Vehicle type and light conditions were also taken into account.

White cars were found to be the safest, particularly during daylight hours.

However, colours lower on the visibility index such as black, blue, grey, green, red and silver were up to 12% more likely to be at risk of being involved in an accident.

The severity of accidents involving cars painted in more visible colours was also found to be less.

some great pix here;

More white cars! 50 examples of why white is the most popular colour choice for cars in the world

1 - 13 of 13 Posts