Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comes on when I start up, goes off after a little while, then comes back on again, and repeats on and off...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Try the connection under the front seats, the passenger side in particular.. Failing that you will have to get diagnostics on it
good luck!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that seems to have done it!

Gave them both a good wiggle and the light stays out now.

If it does it again I think I can reach them both whilst maintaining progress...:lol:

Many thanks!

EB

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Had to do mine twice now in 12 months. Liberal dose of WD40 helps too :thumbs: I think an electrical connector fluid (see Maplins) might also help/be better.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Had to do mine twice now in 12 months. Liberal dose of WD40 helps too :thumbs: I think an electrical connector fluid (see Maplins) might also help/be better.
Holding them together with a small cable tie is one of the best solutions for stopping them separating in the future. Give both connectors a quick spray with some Servisol Super 10 switch cleaner/lubricant, let them dry then re-connect and tie them together.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Holding them together with a small cable tie is one of the best solutions for stopping them separating in the future. Give both connectors a quick spray with some Servisol Super 10 switch cleaner/lubricant, let them dry then re-connect and tie them together.
Next time :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
best fix is to solder the connections and tape them... only set back is when you want to take your seat out (but when does that happen ?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts