Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it supposed to light up the rear parcel shelf?

I'd always assumed these had to be shielded so that any light leakage into the car was kept to the minimum. When braking at night I get a lovely red glow in the rear view mirror.

Do I have a shield missing or is it 'they all do that Sir'?

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Pub'

I thought this was odd when I got my GT, but mine does it as well.

I think it is to do with the 'rake' of the rear window. It seems it is so angled that even with the 'sheild' the light finds its way on to the rear parcel shelf.

Look at the silverlining, its easy to check its working.

DK

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
there does seem to be some variance in how close the 3rd brake light sits to the rear glass, if its a distance away, you get some bleed into the screen, but I would not call it glaring, not on mine anyway.

T

·
0 Posts
Mine does it too and I was a bit surprised when it first happened. I've also operated a non-existant rear wash-wipe a couple of times :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
GT high level brake light

I'm glad I've found other GT owners experiencing this 'parcel shelf disco' at night. I've owned mine for about 2 months and I'm 99% sure it's never done this before until it started last night!

I checked the light unit this morning and it does have a gap between it and the rear window, but trying to push it back so it's flat against the window doesn't help - it just flexes back to it's normal position when you let go. I did wonder if it had come unclipped after closing the boot lid too hard but there don't seem to be any clips to hold it in place.

Like I say, I don't think it's happened before but now I find it quite annoying. If anyone hears of a way to sort it properly I'd be very grateful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts