Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gotta replace bulb to H7R?

So I pop the current H7 to high beams and stick H7R to the main?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You have put the bulbs in the right way up???

·
Registered
786 Posts
Name of solution is "Morimoto" Mini H1 - aftermarket projector bi-xenon system... On my old 147 I had very good cut-off without brightness which blinds other drivers...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my current hid kit is useless?

Surely there is a way of adjusting the glare. Nobody with a GT has aftermarket HID?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're ruining this GT.
Push button start, cheap & **** HID kit, dodgy front mount intercooler the list goes on.

Just stop and enjoy the car or get a girlfriend. If you've already got one, get a more expensive one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
300stu, surely I'm not the only person who's attempted/done this. Plus I've used higher output bulbs and they're not much difference.

Hinky- Lol expensive girlfriend, sounds like yours isn't a girlfriend if you need to pay ;)
What does it matter what modifications (useless or not) I'm putting on the car, I'm asking for help in regards to HID. If you have no experience or input maybe just ignore the post?

·
Registered
860 Posts
just puzzled as to why you keep giving youself all this hassel if you need to spend cash on her the car I mean lol remap it and delete the EGR valve. That will improve it no end

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol
Before the remap I'd prefer to get all the small mods out the way. (ordered cold air intake etc, larger intercooler etc etc)

·
Registered
860 Posts
you got my attention now, whats cold air intake, where do you get one what is the advantages to fitting one ,is it easy to fit

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, use search for further info but I'll try give you a push in the right direction:

Cold air intake systems (check BMC cda or the K&N Apollo) replace your cars current air intake. Very easy mod, plus car sounds a bit more... Oomphy & you get a bit better throttle response.

"Cool air contains more oxygen than warm air. It actually is oxygen, not air, that your engine needs to burn fuel efficiently. The more oxygen available, the more efficient your engine can be. The key is actually how your engine captures that cool air."

I've ordered the K&N Apollo.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Cold air intake systems (check BMC cda or the K&N Apollo) replace your cars current air intake. Very easy mod, plus car sounds a bit more... Oomphy & you get a bit better throttle response.
The standard air intake is ahead of the engine bay and well enough located, so I don't see the point of what you are doing as the 'restrictive' nature of standard systems doesn't apply so much with forced induction.

I'm with hinky - you are ruining a good car with cheap crap mods that do nothing other than give you something to talk about. Motoring equivalent of Clare's Accessories (ie. cheap **** jewellery fit only for kids).

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
HID kits when fitted properly do give a proper cut off.

You've fitted them wrong.

The tab goes at the top and the base must be seated properly.

H7 should be fine, I dont use H7R's on mine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R11co- do research please, maybe your bs is blocking your ability to use the search function? I'll lend a hand: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/146342-alfa-gt-k-and-n-panel-filter.html (that's from this site, use google and it'll keep your simple mind busy for a few hours)

Cheap mods? I've only added a push start button which could be classed as "cheap". I removed it a day later as it wasn't used. What else? Hid? I'm not the only person to do this.

Front mount intercooler - not cheap
Cold air intake - not cheap

Operationalfa- it's because I have a reflective headlight. The h7r apparently is much better suited for this. Will try that

·
Banned
857 Posts
R11co- do research please, maybe your bs is blocking your ability to use the search function? I'll lend a hand: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/146342-alfa-gt-k-and-n-panel-filter.html (that's from this site, use google and it'll keep your simple mind busy for a few hours)
I'm well familiar with them having fitted dozens of the things in the past. I'm also intelligent enough to know when a car comes with a good or a not so good induction (I bet you don't even know what that means) system as standard, plus I know enough science and engineering to actually understand how and when these things work. Plus, a panel filter and a 'cold air induction system' are two completely different things, and the thread you've linked to seems to confirm my point of view.

Oh, and there is more than one meaning for the word cheap (take at look at 4 and 6).

Go back to your cot, there's a good boy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok armchair mechanic, calm down you'll blow a fuse. I love a disagreement but don't go having a stroke.

Induction kits- "induction" is the process of the air entering the engine. The induction kit is simply an air filter. Usually used because stock air intake surface and/or intake pipe itself is restricting the air flow. People upgrade to aftermarket intake systems usually for bigger air panel surface (mushroom/cone/etc etc) and usually wider feed pipe itself.

Intelligent enough to know what? In my opinion you're barely in the "intelligent" zone (I'll let you pretend you're in there forth ability to use Internet). I'm after +190bhp. The cold air intake, front mount intercooler, and any other "cheap" mod I do will only be to gain this figure.

I think you'll find no gt jtd can reach this without the "cheap" mods:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/315190-tuning-potentials-of-alfa-gt-1-9-jtdm-16v-2.html (although it's the JTDm, it's just an example of mods necessary)

Now you've made an arse out of yourself, unless you have input on HID.... Bye

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Stop bickering both of you please.

If you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all... consider this a warning.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.