1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this via google search.

https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/heated-front-washer-jet-gt

The strange thing is I can not find them if I go to the parts world site for the GT or 147 parts.

I have ordered two and it was accepted, let's wait and see.

They are also cheaper than the non-heated versions which are listed, go figure?

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Found this via google search.

https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/heated-front-washer-jet-gt

The strange thing is I can not find them if I go to the parts world site for the GT or 147 parts.

I have ordered two and it was accepted, let's wait and see.

They are also cheaper than the non-heated versions which are listed, go figure?
On the 147, lots of people used the heated mito jets as a replacement....
They were also compatible, had a better spray pattern, and were also cheap ;)

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have read that but for £7.00 its worth a go.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are on the way so will report asap.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Is there any point ? Surely the water will freeze as soon as it hits the cold air or headlamp .
If your fluid freezes you're using the wrong fluid. Plenty of screenwash mixes available that work down to -10 Deg. C and below.

Unfortunately that's no good when the jets get iced over solid by a hard frost!

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The washer jets are for the windscreen?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what i have read.

The Comfort Pack denotes 3rd rear head restraint, centre rear 3-point seatbelt with inertia reel, and rear armrest.

The Winter Pack denotes Heated and electric front seats, heated windscreen washer jets, and headlight washers

The Climate Pack denotes Window misting sensor, rain sensor, and pollution sensor.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
In this case it relates to availability of an electrical connection for the heated jets under the bonnet ;) ....
I think they're present on the standard loom independant of which pack the car was specc'd with from the factory... Might need to go hunting to make sure there's a fuse/relay for them, but I believe the conectors will be present.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
I think they're present on the standard loom independant of which pack the car was specc'd with from the factory... Might need to go hunting to make sure there's a fuse/relay for them, but I believe the conectors will be present.
if present, they come on with the heated rear windscreen and mirrors

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If your fluid freezes you're using the wrong fluid. Plenty of screenwash mixes available that work down to -10 Deg. C and below.

Unfortunately that's no good when the jets get iced over solid by a hard frost!
I m not talking about my washer fluid.

What I m saying is, the water will freeze as soon as you spray it because it will cool down very quickly due to surface area to mass ratio of the droplets, even a kettle of boiling water will freeze almost as son as it hits the screen.

And if you use a washer fluid that will stay liquid down to -10 then having heated jets is totally pointless.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heated washer jets are intended to keep the water jets from freezing not to de-ice the windscreen.
I have experienced many times in winter while driving that when trying to clear the windscreen of road spray that the jets have frozen or freeze after using them. Stopping the car then pouring water over to get them working again on the motorway is no fun.

Reactions: brinker

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I didnt say they were used to de ice the screen, I was saying that if its that cold the water will freeze as soon as it hits the screen or headlamps. They seemed like a good idea so I retro fitted them once and they made no difference to anything.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
I didnt say they were used to de ice the screen, I was saying that if its that cold the water will freeze as soon as it hits the screen or headlamps. They seemed like a good idea so I retro fitted them once and they made no difference to anything.
When I had my 147, main reason to replace the jets for the mito version was better spray pattern. As the heated jets were similar priced as non-heated, and the connection was there anyway, I went for the heated ones ;)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
When I had my 147, main reason to replace the jets for the mito version was better spray pattern. As the heated jets were similar priced as non-heated, and the connection was there anyway, I went for the heated ones ;)
Did they actually work though ?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do not know if all heated washer jets are the same but for £7.99 and as my existing non-heating ones are as old as the car its enough reason to fit them. When winter comes I will report if they made any difference on the GT.

I fitted a new curly water pipe a couple of weeks ago and it came with the complete new pipework for the washer jets which I will fit when I fit the new heated ones.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi....

How did you get on with your new heated washer jets?
Mine have just started to play up. I have a weak flow from both jets and the headlight washers are not popping up.
Im suspecting a leak somewhere but might change the jets while I'm at it.
Also where did you get the curly pipework from?

Thanks....
I do not know if all heated washer jets are the same but for £7.99 and as my existing non-heating ones are as old as the car its enough reason to fit them. When winter comes I will report if they made any difference on the GT.

I fitted a new curly water pipe a couple of weeks ago and it came with the complete new pipework for the washer jets which I will fit when I fit the new heated ones.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts