Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all!
I have a problem with one of my GT's headligh. It seems that the lamp housing is broken and moving thus the light "jumping" in every hole on the road. Does anyone know if the inside housing can be seperated from the outer housing? and if yes, how can be done? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The first thing I'd check is that the bulb is seated properly in it's housing. They are tricky to seat and the spring clip causes confusion for many. This video may help:

I don't know of a way take the bulb housing out of the headlamp unit if it is damaged.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
OK, it seems the lamp is not loose but the reflector inside is not fully attached. It may even be the electric height adjustment motor was disturbed and is not securing the reflector properly.

Take the bulb covers off to see where the problem is before deciding you need to remove the bumper and headlamps before removing the headlamp lens. In any case, the lens is not intended to be removed. It can be done though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, it seems the lamp is not loose but the reflector inside is not fully attached. It may even be the electric height adjustment motor was disturbed and is not securing the reflector properly.

Take the bulb covers off to see where the problem is before deciding you need to remove the bumper and headlamps before removing the headlamp lens. In any case, the lens is not intended to be removed. It can be done though.
Unfortunately, the bulb is well secured in it's place. It's the reflector that bounces, and yes, propably it's the height adjustment motor that is disturbed. The question is, can this be fixed with the headlight on the car? I assume impossible. Have you ever fixed that kind of problem before?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
If height adjustment motor has become detached from lamp casing, reattach it.

If reflector is detached from one of the 3 anchorage points (height adjustment motor, horizontal adjustment post or static post) it may be possible to reattach it. If a bulb is removed (depends which post is disconnected), a clean, soft, lint free cloth can be used to stop finger prints on the reflector when a finger is inserted where the bulb goes in order to pull the reflector back onto the detached post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts