Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys does anyone know what the phone option in the headset menu supports ? i am wanting to have a bluetooth handsfree connection for my mobile phone and thought the only option was to install a new bluetooth head unit although there is already a small microphone installed next to the rear view mirror. anyone using the factory fitted unit for handsfree calls i would love to know how as the main reason i dont wanna replace the unit is that i do not want to lose the control buttons on the steering wheel. :cool:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Many aftermarket headunits support steering wheel control inputs. You just need to add an interface, which is readily available. No big deal. :)

AFAIK, the phone option is IF you add a separate phone kit (any brand), it is possible to connect an audio feed to the headunit, and you can adjust the volume/level (though this feature is not really relevant/required if you fit something like a Parrot BT kit). You can also make the music mute, and you can make the display show 'phone' when this occurs. However, it's not related to any inbuilt phone kit or factory add-on (unless it's a 2-DIN Connect-Nav headunit, which I figure it isn't).

As such, the microphone is probably an aftermarket add-on by the previous owner.

:)

M

·
0 Posts
156's had a option of an Alfa phone kit, not the connect.

I have it in my 156. It's bluetooth, mic up by rearview mirror (built in) and call and hag-up buttons filling space where front of coin holder was :)

Was this sort of unit not avail for GT?. Anyway phone option in head unit just sets the volume the headunit goes to when a call comes through :)

Iirc some alpine units have steering control wires already (though need to check if compatible with wiring in them gt, may depend on year ie 2wire swc or older 3 wire. The Alfa Bluetooth phone kit should easily wire into most headunits that can accommodate phone connection.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, i have 147 and phone options but i don`t have any buttons... can anyone give me some advice couse i just bought the car ... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
No buttons on the steering wheel? Think that's where the phone buttons were on 147
well i don`t have phone buttons... :-/ only phone options in menu where i can change volume for "phone" and regular buttons for music, volume, trunk... but i think that MAYBE the man from who i bought the car changed the control Panel, but on steering wheel nothing... altough mine is jdt, on the other one i saw it have full equipment, including buttons on steering wheel. i would like to change it but i need some advice...

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
well i don`t have phone buttons... :-/ only phone options in menu where i can change volume for "phone" and regular buttons for music, volume, trunk... but i think that MAYBE the man from who i bought the car changed the control Panel, but on steering wheel nothing... altough mine is jdt, on the other one i saw it have full equipment, including buttons on steering wheel. i would like to change it but i need some advice...
Heyyy, :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts