Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else suffer from gearstick rattle on a JTD? This happens when accelerating in 5th or 6th and is caused by slight vibration of lever - not serious but annoying. There is nothing else wrong with the gearchange/selection etc. but I can't find any way of fixing this one problem.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
I've noticed a similar shake in 6th gear when accelerating...but it's not much and at the moment I don't often notice it...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you ever experienced any problems in finding 6th gear until the car gets warmed up and then it seems to be fine? It literally takes me up to 3 attempts sometimes to actually get in to move into 6th when cold. Cheers

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
if you remove the gaitor and the rubber bit underneath there is a plastic bush which can break quite easily, you should be able to see if there is any play in the bush, it could be that, if so 49p from the dealers and its fixed :thumbs:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look at the weekend. I have no problems at all with gear selection but I find it helps to keep the linkages to the gearbox clean and well squirted with WD40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts